Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patton Flyer (mod warning post #404) SEE POST #659 ALSO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭J_Dublin15

oisindoyle wrote: »
    Allegedly ,an AC bus drove down to dublin port at the time of the first volcanic ash disruption which closed the airport.
    This AC had no licence allegedly to operate there and was moved on after complaints ..
    Apparently AC applied for a licence from the Dept of Trans and within 3 hrs got one to work dublin port ...
    Very strange indeed how a company can get a licence in a matter of hours,whatever happened to tenders??

The Irony of that coming from a Taxi Driver considering the number of taxi drivers who are harassing Aircoach punters at stops when unhailed is amazing.

What I heard was that one of the ferry companies tired to organise a way to transport the people and Aircoach came down on request from one of them, and then it later transpired that the proposals that were being offered would require a license, so they moved out, got a license and came back.

Unfortunately people like the above poster have a vested interest, and cannot be trusted to come out with crap like the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

J_Dublin15 wrote: »
    What I heard was that one of the ferry companies tired to organ
    And we take that as conclusive proof?
    Unfortunately people .. cannot be trusted to come out with crap like the above.
    Pot kettle black?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭J_Dublin15

I never said you could take it as conclusive proof, but simply stating that you should not believe everything you read on message boards all of the time, particuarly when it comes from people with a vested interest because at the end of the day it's well documented the current problems with taxis in this country and the lengths many drivers are going to get trade, so why would they see it as positive and want to praise the public transport operators when it is costing them money?

The irony is I've not posted on the topic for what seems like forever and as soon as I do already someone is saying I have a vested interest, this is why I do not post here much any more, because certain people in this thread that if anyone can possibly disagree with their point of view, they must have a vested interest. Thats pathetic.

The real irony of the whole thing is Patton keeps claiming that taxi drivers are illegally stealing his customers. Now that really is a case of pot kettle black.

I never said you could take it as conclusive proof,
    So what are you saying? Is it even worth saying? Sounds like a rumour to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

JHMEG wrote: »
    So what are you saying? Is it even worth saying? Sounds like a rumour to me.

eh hello, you started a whole fecking thread based on your mate saying there'd be no Metro because the DAA would lose out on some pocket change from car parking?!!!!

Pot, Kettle! Yerself

• Advertisement

eh hello, you started a whole fecking thread based on your mate saying there'd be no Metro because the DAA would lose out on some pocket change from car parking?!!!!

Pot, Kettle! Yerself

He's more credible than some guy down the pub.

And I did not say I heard something to discredit what someone else had said.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Heard today Patton is now dropping passengers to their front doors on request to try and improve the feeling of his community based service. Lets hope there is not an accident as a result of this as the insurance would get rather messy?

J_Dublin15: Ignore JHMEG, he still prefers to ask his own questions rather than answer the ones that are argued at him. The double standard particularly come across when someone says something negative about Aircoach and he of course believes it with little or no proof, but when it is the other way round he is the first to doubt it.

He is nothing more than a troll. So I suggest we just ignore him.

devnull wrote: »
    Heard today Patton is now dropping passengers to their front doors on request to try and improve the feeling of his community based service. Lets hope there is not an accident as a result of this as the insurance would get rather messy?

J_Dublin15: Ignore JHMEG, he still prefers to ask his own questions rather than answer the ones that are argued at him. The double standard particularly come across when someone says something negative about Aircoach and he of course believes it with little or no proof, but when it is the other way round he is the first to doubt it.

He is nothing more than a troll. So I suggest we just ignore him.

What are you on about? That post makes no sense, but don't let me interrupt your Aircoach love-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭maryxyz

I think it's so wrong that the authorities have given this route to a multinational instead of supporting a local entrepreneur !

I say Support the Patton Flyer as long as we can !

Maryxyz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

the company is operating illegally and was offered the licence for the route but refused, this shows all the hallmarks of a bullyboy thug that wants his own way even if it costs the jobs in his own business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭maryxyz

Foggy-lad

he was offered the licence for the route minus half the stops - that's why he refused it !

how come the authorities then gave the route with all the stops to huge multinational Aircoach ?

He identified a need and filled it when Aircoach had no interest in it - I don't see how that makes him a bullyboy thug ? ? ? ? ?

Maryxyz

Go read The WHOLE thread and you will understand why Patton was breaking the law.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055730592&highlight=patton+flyer

The stops he was not allowed were already served by Aircoach, he was given chance to operate on the unique stops but turned it down because he wanted to be greedy and break the law.

Meanwhile, Moderator can you please merge this thread with another thread as someone has kicked up a six month old thread when there is a much more recent one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

Since when do you moderate this forum?

Well right now I hear that Aircoach were denied permission from an altered timetable on their service and are very unhappy this is the case and it is rumored that this may be because they may not have the license for much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

a few weeks on and the Aircoach service is still carrying just air, I would be surprised how long they can keep this uyp, the Patton is basically full all the time and the Aircoach empty, they would be best off to pull out now because they are just wasting their money.

It is known also that a number of private operators within Dublin Airport coach park are sympathetic to the plight of the Patton FLyer and will continue to do their bit to support the flyer.

Also many people who have used the Aircoach service are unhappy with the standard of coaches used, and are not happy with cheap German coaches compared to Patton's Mercedes buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Also many people who have used the Aircoach service are unhappy with the standard of coaches used, and are not happy with cheap German coaches compared to Patton's Mercedes buses.

I've been on both, Aircaoch buses are much higher quality. Leather seats being the main benefit.
    a few weeks on and the Aircoach service is still carrying just air, I would be surprised how long they can keep this uyp, the Patton is basically full all the time and the Aircoach empty, they would be best off to pull out now because they are just wasting their money.

Aircoach are taking legal action so they'll probly hang around till at least the end of this and likely gain compensation out of it too.

Please can someone ban this troll?

Aircoach's vehicles are produced by Daimler, and are based on both Mercedes and Chrysler parts and are a hugely successful company. Meanwhile Patton's were produced by Esker, a company who have since gone bust. To call a Mercedes Benz/Daimler/Chrysler product cheap is the sign of someone who clearly has a hidden agenda and a vested interest to spread downright lies.

Setra:
    http://www.setra.de/#/en/products/topclass/s415hd
    http://www.setra.de/#/en/customercenter/onboardvideo

Esker:
    http://www.busandcoach.com/newspage.aspx?id=2858&categoryid=0

Rumour again with no sources no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

I've been on both, Aircaoch buses are much higher quality. Leather seats being the main benefit.

Aircoach are taking legal action so they'll probly hang around till at least the end of this and likely gain compensation out of it too.

Would you say that Aircoach will pull out of Dalkey? I hope not though. The reason why I ask is that half of the time I have seen them at Dun Laoghaire, they are running mostly if not completely empty.

Eh, that's most likely leatherette, Ryanair-stylee.

No, it is real full leather as you would expect from a Damler/Chrysler/Mercedes product. It also has climate control (This is not the same as air conditioning) reading light above each seat, coat hooks, continental door, seat belts, table at each seat amongst others. JJ Kavanagh and Dublin Coach operate near identical models.

Take a look and you'll see!
    http://www.aircoach.ie/swf/360coach.swf

It is funny now though for you to bash pure facts, and your posts are now the source of much amusement for the rest of us now. It's hillarious how people are calling the above coaches cheap, when the 2003 ones last year sold for around the same price as Patton would have paid for a new model of what he is operating before Esker went bust.

The fact that a six year old Setra that has been thrashed on the Aircoach city cervices for that time sold for more than Patton's vehicle did brand new shows you how cheap and nasty his vehicles are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

No, it is real full leather as you would expect from a Damler/Chrysler/Mercedes product.
    This means nothing, dosen't O'Leary have real leather seats in all his planes? :rolleyes:

Dosen't O'Leary have real leather seats in all his planes? :rolleyes:

I'd say those Aircoach ones are genuine Recaros too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Samson1

I think the Moderators instead should take a look at the multiple postings all over here from those with direct links to Aircoach etc.

The Patton Flyer should be given a chance, its an excellent service that has the support of the people of Dalkey & beyond. Some of the bullying posters here have remarkable similarities to the way the Patton service is being treated. And by the way it is not illegal - those here who know the Transport Acts from the 1930's already know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Please can someone ban this troll?
    If you have a problem with a post, report it.

Samson1 wrote: »
    I think the Moderators instead should take a look at the multiple postings all over here from those with direct links to Aircoach etc.

Sam,

I would highly welcome such investigation from any moderators or administrators on this website. I hope they make it very thorough as possible so they can prove that what you say is a complete load of tosh.

It is a typical tactic of that of Patton, to accuse people without foundation when someone happens to have a different opinion to him. There are two sides to every argument, and to insinuate that people who hold an opposite side to you always must have a hidden agenda is somewhat deluded.
    The Patton Flyer should be given a chance, its an excellent service that has the support of the people of Dalkey & beyond. Some of the bullying posters here have remarkable similarities to the way the Patton service is being treated.

There is no bullying going on, just two people sides sharing their opinion this is a forum and it is for discussing these kind of things, unfortunately if you cannot accept that then forums are obviously not for you.

At the end of the day Aircoach have broke no laws, if you are unhappy with what has happened at the end of the day you need to question the license model implemented by the department in general, rather than Aircoach who have followed the rules.

Wasn't it a 'quality' Mercedes bus that the back axle fell out of a few years ago in Offaly, resulting in the death of several people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Wasn't it a 'quality' Mercedes bus that the back axle fell out of a few years ago in Offaly, resulting in the death of several people.

Are you disputing that Mercedes make excellent quality vehicles? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Samson1 wrote: »
    The Patton Flyer should be given a chance, its an excellent service that has the support of the people of Dalkey & beyond. Some of the bullying posters here have remarkable similarities to the way the Patton service is being treated.
    Don't make blanket statements on behalf of the people of Dalkey. I usedto live there and never supported them.
    And by the way it is not illegal - those here who know the Transport Acts from the 1930's already know that.

proof please...
    its been very well documented on this thread that it is illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭SandyfordGuy

I'd love to see a link to the article and to see what kind of bus it is, I am sure it was neither anywhere near the model or anywhere near as new as the buses that Aircoach are running.

Setra's are the buses that many companies would love to have but they do not have them because of their huge price, as you would expect from such a high quality product. If you are calling them accident prone then you also are slurring JJ Kavanagh who are another respected operator.

Any bus is a death trap if it is not maintained correctly and to compare a Setra 415 HD with the crash that happened years ago is nothing more than stupidity. The way you were going on you'd think it was a Skoda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭SandyfordGuy

Don't make blanket statements on behalf of the people of Dalkey. I usedto live there and never supported them.

Unfortunately the vocal few are once again trying to act as spokespersons for the whole area.

The rumour being spread around right now by Patton's staff is that the 746 is being forced to suspend by Aircoach who are trying to bully both Dublin Bus and Patton.

Once again it is clear that Patton's supporters have no basis on reality and will use anything they can to fit their hidden agenda.

Advertisement