Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patton Flyer (mod warning post #404) SEE POST #659 ALSO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

No, thats not the reason, the reason is they are desperate for money no matter how they get it, and ethics do not come into it with them, if they did they would have supported Trevor, rather than turning their back on him in the way they have. The average tourist comes to Ireland to see Ireland, not the UK.
    any proof of that?

Fact is if Patton was still running there would be less people on the live register today.
    how do you know this, maybe those people have jobs or moved away or went back to education.
    The figures you post are clearly made up as they do not take into consideration breaks, the fact that more than two buses are on the road, traffic delays, and any extra services that may be run under the private hire agreements that have operated in the area. .
    he is using estimate based on allowable hours and other legal restrictions. They are reasonably accurate but were never said to be totally accurate.

Nobody who visits Dalkey cannot afford a taxi, we are not a lower class area of Dublin where people have to use public transport, we are free to choose, we just liked a friendly local service provided by people in the community who helped others.
    wow, just wow.

The problems in this country are nothing to do with this kind of thing, and are everything to do with the country support multi-nationals, other than our own, including Anglo Irish bank who I gather were in much of their problems as many multi-national business held guns to their head.
    How many in this country are employed in Irish business vs multi-national?
    Also don't foget that multi-nationals support this country hugely with employment, tax income, jobs both direct and in-direct, they create hubs of excellence that no local company could do by itself and promote Ireland reputation around the world as a place worth doing business in and with.

At the end of the day Wifi is a pointless feature on a trip under an hour, and I would bet that only a handful of people a week use it, it would not change anyones mind of whether to go to the airport in the car or in the bus, at the end of the day this is a red herring as is much of what the Aircoach fanboys said.
    Wifi is a great feature, lets you do all sorts on the move, especially if you are travelling for business it lets you make better use of the time which otherwise may just be wasted travelling tot he airport
    Using taxis does help the local area, as there are local firms in Dalkey who are residents in the area, we keep these off the streets, and in a job, that is called local pride, if the foreginers do not like it, nobody forced them to stay.
    But how can you be sure the taxi you get in the airport is a south Dublin local, or is it just Irish? bear in mind that no-one is forcing you me or anyone else to use taxi's or buses, local or international, we all have that choice as long as the companies providing the service operate within the law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

No, thats not the reason, the reason is they are desperate for money no matter how they get it, and ethics do not come into it with them, if they did they would have supported Trevor, rather than turning their back on him in the way they have. The average tourist comes to Ireland to see Ireland, not the UK.

I feel you're skirting very close to defamation at this point, please be careful with your words.

Fact is if Patton was still running there would be less people on the live register today. The figures you post are clearly made up as they do not take into consideration breaks, the fact that more than two buses are on the road, traffic delays, and any extra services that may be run under the private hire agreements that have operated in the area. The fact was he brought an innovative service to the market and was bullied out, which cost jobs in the process.

Fair enough.

The Dalkey business group are full of people who want to further their own political agendas, politicans and politican wanabees. Nobody who visits Dalkey cannot afford a taxi, we are not a lower class area of Dublin where people have to use public transport, we are free to choose, we just liked a friendly local service provided by people in the community who helped others. The problems in this country are nothing to do with this kind of thing, and are everything to do with the country support multi-nationals, other than our own, including Anglo Irish bank who I gather were in much of their problems as many multi-national business held guns to their head.

I can afford a taxi, but I'd rather not pay it if I have the option of a comfortable bus service at a reasonable price, you shouldn't take that option away from me.

Let's not bring Anglo into a discussion of a local airport bus service. This isn't the politics forum.

At the end of the day Wifi is a pointless feature on a trip under an hour, and I would bet that only a handful of people a week use it, it would not change anyones mind of whether to go to the airport in the car or in the bus, at the end of the day this is a red herring as is much of what the Aircoach fanboys said. Using taxis does help the local area, as there are local firms in Dalkey who are residents in the area, we keep these off the streets, and in a job, that is called local pride

If you give me two identical services for identical prices, one of which has Wifi, I'll choose the Wifi. I actually feel that I'd pay a relatively small premium for the Wifi.

if the foreginers do not like it, nobody forced them to stay.

Again, you're bordering on xenophobia with this kind of comment. If you pursue this line of debate you will be infracted/banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I'm a Dalkey resident (albeit of very recent vintage) and DALKEY Resident doesn't speak for me.

I used Patton when it suited me when I was living in Monkstown and I was getting an early flight and I found it a decent service, not the most comfortable but did the job. BUT, it was an illegal service and having refused a legal alternative route it's now found itself out of business due to it's own fault. Even following Aircoach's arrival Patton didn't have the sense to switch to a different timetable to differentiate services so the ceasing of services is further self-inflicted.

I've also encountered more Irish people working on the Aircoach service in my 2 journeys on it than I ever encountered working on Patton on the 20-odd times I used that service though that does not influence my opinion of either service as I find all this concentration on nationality irrational.

I don't use Taxis if I can help it either though that's down to cheapness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

The more you come out with remarks like this, the more racist you will be seen as. You are obviously someone who has a grudge towards the UK. I certainly DO NOT want Aircoach to pull out of Dalkey as the service is very handy.
    Fact is if Patton was still running there would be less people on the live register today. The figures you post are clearly made up as they do not take into consideration breaks, the fact that more than two buses are on the road, traffic delays, and any extra services that may be run under the private hire agreements that have operated in the area. The fact was he brought an innovative service to the market and was bullied out, which cost jobs in the process.

While I do admire the fact that he discovered a gap in the market for an airport bound bus service, I do think that breaking the law by going ahead with an unlicensed bus route was asking for trouble. Furthermore, I do think that Patton would have been more likely to get his way had he followed procedure. The route licensing system is setup to stop one operator from taking customers from another operator. As Aircoach had been granted a license to run the Greystones route via the Rock Road, they were subsequently licensed to serve the stops at Blackrock Park, Tara Towers Hotel, Irish Town, The Point and Dublin Airport itself. As part of the Gresytones route covered the N11, there were also stops there which were licensed to Aircoach long before Patton came into the equation. This may explain why Aircoach had been granted the Greystones license ahead of Patton, while he was applying.

Nevertheless, Patton did decide to go ahead with the route on an unlicensed basis. In the process, he was taking on passengers from stops that where licensed for Aircoach. As this was against the law, it was therefore dishonest. For a while, I didn't understand the licensing system until I saw the sense in it which is explained in the above paragraph. From a governmental point of view, it might have been very difficult to make a decision for Patton's case as he was asking for a license to pick up passengers at points which, at the time were already licensed to Aircoach. He was offered a license roughly this time last which ommitted the stops which were being served by Aircoach. By neglecting this license, he was digging the grave for his own business. If I were Patton, I would have come up with a tactical response by adding the following stops: Fitzpatrick's Hotel, The Graduate in Killiney Shopping Center and the Rochestown Lodge Hotel. As these aren't served by any airport service, he might have had a better chance of getting the license again.
    The Dalkey business group are full of people who want to further their own political agendas, politicans and politican wanabees. Nobody who visits Dalkey cannot afford a taxi, we are not a lower class area of Dublin where people have to use public transport, we are free to choose, we just liked a friendly local service provided by people in the community who helped others. The problems in this country are nothing to do with this kind of thing, and are everything to do with the country support multi-nationals, other than our own, including Anglo Irish bank who I gather were in much of their problems as many multi-national business held guns to their head.

Saying this comment lowers your credibility further as you are making out that the people of Dalkey are somewhat superior to those who live in the rest of Dublin. As a long-living "Dalkey resident" myself, I am absolutely embarrassed at this remark because it gives people like me a bad name. Also, speak for yourself when you say that "Nobody who visits Dalkey cannot afford a taxi". If you ask me, taxi's are a rip off and I for one would would much prefer to see more buses serving the Dalkey area because I cannot afford taxi's let alone buses at the moment as I am unemployed. Dalkey isn't exactly the most accessible place in the Dublin area and I fear that it is because of people like yourself who like to feel more expensive by opting for the more expensive services which includes taxi's. It irritates the life out of me that there is a stigma associated with Dalkey where locals are dictating businesses to suit themselves and nobody. It brings my blood to the boil when people start complaining about multi-national companies in the area. Just as a matter of interest, where you one of those who hated the idea of Starbucks in Dalkey? It wouldn't be the biggest shock if you were going by your attitude towards Dalkey!
    At the end of the day Wifi is a pointless feature on a trip under an hour, and I would bet that only a handful of people a week use it, it would not change anyones mind of whether to go to the airport in the car or in the bus, at the end of the day this is a red herring as is much of what the Aircoach fanboys said. Using taxis does help the local area, as there are local firms in Dalkey who are residents in the area, we keep these off the streets, and in a job, that is called local pride, if the foreginers do not like it, nobody forced them to stay.

Let me re-iterate Dalkey's geographical isolation. It isn't the easiest place to get to if you don't live along the DART or if you don't own a car. The 8 doesn't really count as it duplicates the DART and the 7D doesn't count as it is practically non-existent. The 59 is an alright service at best. However, it's area coverage is very limited. Also, taxi's aren't an attractive option due to the fact that they are very expensive. To put this into perspective, it costs €50+ to get to the airport from Dalkey. This price is very off-putting for would-be Dalkey visitors and will repel them from visiting the area. So, do not give us this tripe that taxi's help the local area. According to the Dalkey Business Group, 10 businesses have closed while a further 5 face closure. This so-called "local pride" is a major culprit in this decline in business. As places such as Blackrock and Dun Laoghaire are undergoing renewal, they will pull more business from Dalkey resulting in Dalkey becoming a ghost-town. Businesses in Dalkey are also in decline because the locals (excluding myself) are reluctant to see the area being renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dowlingm

DalkeyResident has a point in one respect - the licensing system needs to have more local involvement. The licensing of bus companies to carry passengers within the country should be a matter for the Department of Transport, with a DOT number stamped on the side of every bus, but the licensing of local routes should happen at local level - either within an LA for routes wholly within an LA or within a metropolitan agency for those crossing boundaries.

The bottom line is that Patton should have applied to the courts for relief from unjust law or to his TDs for changes in the law, not simply broken the law. It is not like opening up a shop or other business - it is supply managed by government, full stop.

Furthermore, DalkeyResident must also come to realise that for the purpose of the provision of public transport services, the government of Ireland or any local authority cannot promote one company over another by reason of the owners' nationality or that of its workers if they are EU nationals (or possibly even EEA nationals). That might be the way s/he wants it but that is the reality and life on this board is going to be very frustrating for him/her unless that is realised. If the government condoned Patton having awarded an exclusive licence to Aircoach, the latter would go to the High Court and the government would end up paying damages out of DalkeyResident's taxes to the company full o' dem oul forrenors.

• Advertisement

dowlingm wrote: »
    DalkeyResident has a point in one respect - the licensing system needs to have more local involvement.
    :eek:
    no no no no no. that's the fecking problem with everything in this country, localness. all about who you know, wink wink, nudge nudge, envelope here or there:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kingstapler

Well living where I do I would be happy to have any bus company running a service to the Airport. I have to get a train to Dublin and then I have to get a Dublin Bus out from Heuston train station to the airport. I dont mind where the company is from as long as the service is good and it is not illegal of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The fact was he brought an innovative service to the market and was bullied out, which cost jobs in the process.
    he operated an illegal service and then it folded most likely due to the competition from a legally operating company that were happy to co-exist but obviously many dalkey and other residents voted with their bums on seats.

Well living where I do I would be happy to have any bus company running a service to the Airport. I have to get a train to Dublin and then I have to get a Dublin Bus out from Heuston train station to the airport. I dont mind where the company is from as long as the service is good and it is not illegal of course.

+1 I don't care who as long as its a decent, cheap service thats operating within the law.

Obvious in this case I'm rowing in firmly behind Aircoach (even though I have no particular love for them) mainly because they are doing it properly but also because some people throughout this thread are throwing all sorts of wild and damaging accusations at them. I can only imagine the reaction of disbelief and anger of any of their employees reading this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Cookie_Monster Reported for accusing me of Racism, typical PC statement, always play the race card.

If you are, as i suspect, Trevor himself, can I just say that you have managed to remove any support I had for your cause.

You have constantly played the race card through all you posts, quoting how Irish people are losing their jobs whilst foreigners take them (How that works though i don't know. I have only ever had Irish drivers on Aircoach, whereas i only ever saw eastern European ones on the Flyer) even to comment on the Royal Marine, which is a superbly run hotel and employs both locals and Europeans and has always done so.

You are seriously out of touch with the residents of Dalkey, at least this one anyway.

signed, a foreigner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Thankfully I'm on holiday in the states now but when I come back I will be using an Irish Taxi.

As for the rest of you, you should all be infracted, because you are trying to turn everyone against the likes of us Dalkey residents.

Perhaps we should cut Dalkey Resident a little slack here....given his/her current geographical location,somewhat west of Dalkey itself.

It could be that Dalkey Resident was having a "Cowen Moment" before breakfast in some part of the America`s and posted in the moment,so to speak ?

As for my views,as somebody who competes with Aircoach on a daily basis,and whose employer has recognized this by ceasing the 746 route,I remain quite happy to see that a Professional Public Transport Operator who met all of the requirements for the Licence actually secured it.

The real question which still remains unanswered is why the Minister for Transport failed utterly to ensure that his own Departments Integrity was not maintained.

The Department of Transport`s authority was completely undermined by the brazen confrontational approach of an Irish entrepreneur and that will have left a lasting impression on many observers.

The "Rabbit caught in the Headlights" reaction from Mr Dempsey and indeed,the Garda Commissioner,may well have caused serious damage to the Departments desire to be regarded as competent in its field.

That alone,in my opinion,is deserving of some high profile resignations...or better still dismissals !! :(

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Just saw the 11am Aircoach coming out of the Royal Marine. Is it picking up passengers there too now?

Thank goodness for Aircoach's 24 hour service. Due to fight delays, recently had to avail of the 1am service. A few others on it too.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

They said on Twitter that they were now serving the hotel around 3-4 days ago, it's not really on their website as a listed stop, but the way they are using this stop, is probably as an arrangement with the hotel on it's private land, in the hotel grounds rather than on a public road.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Aircoach certainly didn't let the grass grow under their feet!

They'll be up at Fitzpatrick's before the weeks out...

And the Royal Marine should co-ordinate their web-activities. They're still advertising the Patton Flyer (and a 100min HSS!)

Patton's in the press again, seems to think he is coming back, with another well researched, balanced story as usual with quality journalism:
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/airport-bus-service-harbours-hopes-of-rise-from-the-ashes-2343686.html
    A little part of Dublin's southside that disappeared three weeks ago may be on the way back.

The Patton Flyer connected Dublin's southside with the airport via the coast road and ran for nearly four years -- while trying to get a licence to operate the route from the Department of Transport.

It was hugely popular but it closed on September 1, after Aircoach got the licence.

Yesterday, Trevor Patton of Curtis Transport Ltd, said he had applied to operate four or five routes in Dublin, including his original Patton Flyer route from Dalkey to Dublin Airport. "The Patton Flyer could be the Phoenix rising from the ashes!" he said.

Mr Patton said local support had been "fantastic" and added that he wasn't afraid of competition -- suggesting that two bus companies on any route would be good for the public.

"The Government appears to favour multinational companies," he said, referring to Aircoach, and added, "They do not seem to want to help small businesses at all."

Mr Patton said he had made a complaint to Ombudsman Emily O'Reilly in relation to administrative and policy failures that have delayed the awarding of the licence for almost four years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

Terrible article, totally biased, what I come to expect really though, talk about only printing selected parts of the story, nowhere have I seen the last few weeks, someone print a story that details both sides, nobody has even mentioned what actually happened or even involved both parties or the department, once again lazy half-arsed journalism trying to stir things up again.

There has been an increase in recent months in Pro-Irish, lets rubbish everyone else in a number of areas, not just public transport, which we have seen talked about in this thread about Starbucks and Spar in Dalkey, and it's sad to see, I like most genuine people care about the quality and the service itself, if there is an Irish service that offers something just as good I would use it, but I would not pay extra or use a weaker service just because it's Irish.

I'm not that narrow minded, and in most countries it's the same, but I'm a little worried where these articles and this mindset are heading, it's particularly ironic when a lot of Ireland's export and import involves the UK, and the whole Celtic Tiger was built on investment from American companies and those from Europe, but now we do not like them anymore.

Also on the comment there are some British drivers working for Aircoach, yes I have seen one or two, however I've also seen some Irish people working for their parent company in the UK. From what I have heard they have a company wide initiative that if someone moves to an area where another first operating company is, and there are roles available they will try and find them a job.

That isn't an example of moving Brits in to take Irish jobs, it's about assisting their employees, as Irish people will benefit that move to the UK.

Also on the comment there are some British drivers working for Aircoach, yes I have seen one or two, however I've also seen some Irish people working for their parent company in the UK.

If we have to follow this crackpot line of thinking,which appears to have a firm support base around the Kingstown region,should I seek to have my many English,Scots,Welsh,South African,Nigerian,Chinese,Lebanese,German and French fellow drivers dismissed or moved onto Northside routes as their presence offends the genteel sensitivities of Patton Flyer devotees ?

No amount of waffling or ducking and diving can change the reality that this thread is about One Man`s willingness and ability to defy lawful authority.

Having taken this decision,Mr Patton,emboldened by the inability of anybody within the Dept of Transport or An Garda Siochana to actually enforce the Law,Mr Patton then attempts to impose his anti-social ethic on a company which had decided to remain within the Law :confused:

Definitely a WTF ?? moment and absolutely 100% Irish in its phsychology...unless Mr Patton had gleaned it from a German or Dutch operator first..??

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

AlekSmart wrote: »
    No amount of waffling or ducking and diving can change the reality that this thread is about One Man`s willingness and ability to defy lawful authority.
    +1
    Having taken this decision,Mr Patton,emboldened by the inability of anybody within the Dept of Transport or An Garda Siochana to actually enforce the Law,Mr Patton then attempts to impose his anti-social ethic on a company which had decided to remain within the Law :confused:
    I really don't understand why no-one did anything about the service. I was on a bus stopped by the Gardai for safety and they just waved it on... I mean the went out of their way to ignore his activities for 4 years
    Definitely a WTF ?? moment and absolutely 100% Irish in its phsychology...
    +1 on that again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 DalkeyResident

Another great article in the Indy, the fact is if he broke such a good law, and such an important law why did nobody do anything about it? Obviously as it was very minor.

The lines from Trevor today suggesting he will get his route back suggests that the department of transport will do the sensible thing and give him the license, they are more or less restricted by the competition law forced on them by us being controlled by European bureaucrats, hence why they will not challenge the truth that Patton says.

Here we have another case of a sham govt ignoring the needs of their voters by burying a home grown business in "FAVOUR" of an outside multinational company from abroad and helping them muscle a great service of the road and i highlight the word Favour I cannot wait for the next elections so we can vote these corrupt country wreckers out.

I see Citysightseeing, another British company are now promoting one of their own over Dublin Bus, and these as well should be avoided at all costs as they are destroying the Irish economy. I have reported the stop outside the hotel at the Marine Hotel to the department of transport as Aircoach obviously do not have permission for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

DalkeyResident, there are outstanding questions for you to address in this thread.

I feel you're a xenophobe and your crusade is based on more than just an interest in being driven to the airport by Trevor Patton.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

• Advertisement

I see Citysightseeing, another British company are now promoting one of their own over Dublin Bus, and these as well should be avoided at all costs as they are destroying the Irish economy.

can you explain this bit too me, I really don't understand th logic of this.

Also if the people in Dalkey all support Patton and think he is god's gift why was he not voted in when he ran as councillor on the one issue of the Patton Flyer?
    I have reported the stop outside the hotel at the Marine Hotel to the department of transport as Aircoach obviously do not have permission for this
    how do you know. Maybe Aircoach and the Hotel made a submission for the licence to be altered?

Another great article in the Indy, the fact is if he broke such a good law, and such an important law why did nobody do anything about it? Obviously as it was very minor.

Read the rest of the thread, this has been answered many times over and over again.
    The lines from Trevor today suggesting he will get his route back suggests that the department of transport will do the sensible thing and give him the license, they are more or less restricted by the competition law forced on them by us being controlled by European bureaucrats, hence why they will not challenge the truth that Patton says.

What does the EU have to deal with this, what a ridiculous statement to make.
    I see Citysightseeing, another British company are now promoting one of their own over Dublin Bus, and these as well should be avoided at all costs as they are destroying the Irish economy. I have reported the stop outside the hotel at the Marine Hotel to the department of transport as Aircoach obviously do not have permission for this

The Citysightseeing brand, from looking around, is a franchise. It is run in Ireland by Dualway Group, who were one of the founders of the franchise. Dualway themselves are an Irish company and have been trading 30 years.

devnull wrote: »
    The Citysightseeing brand, from looking around, is a franchise. It is run in Ireland by Dualway Group, who were one of the founders of the franchise. Dualway themselves are an Irish company and have been trading 30 years.

ha ha, owned!

Why lets facts get in the way of a good old anti-Brit rant,eh?

What does the EU have to deal with this, what a ridiculous statement to make.

The EU has ridiculous anti-competition laws and such, which is why the likes of Dublin Bus may end up being privatised so some English transport group can run the services into the ground for a race to the bottom.

The citysightseeing brand is British. Aircoach use a number of British contractors, their managing director, Mark Reddy, is British. Their customer service head Richard Mayes, is British. They have been known to sponsor British companies, they contract relief services out to Richmond Coaches, a British company. They purchase their coaches from Evobus, a British company their website is designed by Spider Online, a Scottish company.

Need I go on? They contribute nothing to this country. Just costing Irish people jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

Claims in bold, some reading material for anyone believing this troll

The citysightseeing brand is British.
    See: http://www.dualway.com/contact-us-page50914.html

Aircoach use a number of British contractors,
    Such as the very British Kearney's of Cork who have been providing GAA and relief services to the company for several years including this year? And Pierce Kavanagh who's facilities they use in Urlingford and have been known to contract these for breakdown replacements?

Their managing director, Mark Reddy, is British.
    Marc Reddy, I think you will find was an interim managing director who took over after John O'Sullivan left. Allen Parker is now the MD and has been for a few years and he, believe it or not is Irish.

Their customer service head Richard Mayes, is British.
    Who is Richard Mayes? Is it another name for the very British customer services manager, Brendan Gallagher as featured on this page:
    http://www.aircoach.ie/aircoach.customer.care.php

They have been known to sponsor British companies,
    Or should it be the parent company has. Is this the same company, once again who has sponsored Leinster Rugby for many years?
    http://www.aircoach.ie/news.article.php?ID=155

Also the same company that has been known to sponsor Bohemians, Greystones Rugby club, and also been involved with the AIB street performance championships as a partner?

They purchase their coaches from Evobus, a British Company
    But you forgot to say that they bought their last coaches from Irish Commercials, a company based in Naas?

A British company their website is designed by Spider Online, a Scottish company.
    Yet at the bottom of the side it says it was designed by Nevada, an Irish company.

Another great snipped from the Tribune and renowned writer David Kenny
    The warm feeling doesn't last. Outside arrivals we discover that the Patton Flyer bus to Dalkey is no longer running. It's ceased services after losing a four-year licence battle with the Department of Transport. Trevor Patton had built up a fine business, proving the route was viable. Aircoach now operates it.

Whatever about the bureaucratic rules, it seems unfair that a local business should fold up to make way for a multinational. Where's the natural justice in that?

It's ceased services after losing a four-year licence battle with the Department of Transport.
    Another great snipped from the Tribune and renowned writer David Kenny

This thread surely is providing some of the most colourful content on boards at the moment ?

Dalkey Resident...are you sure it is`nt the renowned comedian Kenny Everett you`re thinking of ?

Perhaps Trevor Patton could consider running for the office of Uachtarain na hEireann on an "Ireland for the Irish(ish)" ticket....?

He`s be sure to poll strongly out round the Borough surely ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭steve-o

Need I go on? They contribute nothing to this country. Just costing Irish people jobs.
    Please do. You are great craic. No doubt you are arranging to have Trevor Patton arrested on sight for 4 years of unpatriotic activity, aiding and abetting thousands of people who went abroad and spent their money there. Crimes against the motherland, or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭noelfirl

Everytime I read this rubbish all I hear in my head is:

n312671380996_6123.jpg

DEY TURK ER JERBS!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

noelfirl wrote: »
    Everytime I read this rubbish all I hear in my head is:

n312671380996_6123.jpg

DEY TURK ER JERBS!!!!
    Sounds more like some bitter sinn fein/workers party type using bully boy tactics and scaremongering to intimidate people into using only Irish transport companies, dalkeyresident are you a taxi driver by profession??

Advertisement