Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patton Flyer (mod warning post #404) SEE POST #659 ALSO

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

To be honest though, what has happened in this whole thread, and the whole saga with Trevor Patton, kind of sums up exactly what is wrong with the department of transport perfectly. They caused this mess themselves and have no idea what the hell to do anymore it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 DalkeyResident

Justice has been done, from what I have heard in Dalkey, Trevor has been handed the license from today, after the Aircoach one expired yesterday.

The other good news is now the service is legal, I hear that Aircoach will be stopped from operating from the stops on their Greystones route which conflict with Trevor Patton's legal service, soon it looks like this British owned company may well be on their way out of Ireland, which is no more than they deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

-Chris- wrote: »

DalkeyResident, you keep repeating the same racist or xenophobic sentiments and they will no longer be tolerated.

If you continue with this train of discussion, you will be banned or infracted as appropriate.
    Justice has been done, from what I have heard in Dalkey, Trevor has been handed the license from today, after the Aircoach one expired yesterday.

The other good news is now the service is legal, I hear that Aircoach will be stopped from operating from the stops on their Greystones route which conflict with Trevor Patton's legal service, soon it looks like this British owned company may well be on their way out of Ireland, which is no more than they deserve.

See you in a week.

I have heard rumours that Patton has received the license that he was looking for. If this is the case, I am confused as to how two private operators can have a license for identical routes.:confused:

Apologies, I didn't realise they were returning with a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

I doubt if that guy had a dog licence never mind one for a bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Robus

I just noticed a window was smashed on one of the two buses that have been parked up (ditched) in a housing estate in Dalkey for the last few weeks, probably haloween kids last night but may help them to find more appropiate (and safer ) parking

To be honest I'm not sure these rumours have any foundation, as from looking around the only word that has been about him getting a license has been from that newsletter, and that is only hearsay in an advert rather than a clear statement that it will be coming back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

devnull wrote: »
    To be honest I'm not sure these rumours have any foundation, as from looking around the only word that has been about him getting a license has been from that newsletter, and that is only hearsay in an advert rather than a clear statement that it will be coming back.
    all the rumour about this character and company so far has been just that, speculation based on advertisements in a local free paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Personally, am very happy with the Aircoach service and would be happy to write a letter of support.

The rear axles on the Patton Flyers always sounded like they were about to crack at any minute.

I would find it difficult to believe that Aircoach were only given a 1 year licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

how can Patton even get a licence, you have to be "in good standing" with the Gardai, he cannot possibly be since he has already flaunted the law for years

:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

how can Patton even get a licence, you have to be "in good standing" with the Gardai, he cannot possibly be since he has already flaunted the law for years

:confused::confused::confused:
    the same guards that give convicted criminals taxi licences!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,304 ✭✭✭markpb

foggy_lad wrote: »
    the same guards that give convicted criminals taxi licences!

That's not true. The Gardai objected, the prospective taxi driver took them to court saying that they were denying his right to earn a living and the court ruled in his favour.

Personally, am very happy with the Aircoach service and would be happy to write a letter of support.

The rear axles on the Patton Flyers always sounded like they were about to crack at any minute.

I would find it difficult to believe that Aircoach were only given a 1 year licence.

All licenses are for a year, Normally the holder is able to renew them without any trouble.

I suspect the speculation may come from here:
    http://www.transport.ie/viewitem.asp?id=12487&lang=ENG&loc=1701

As the list, last updated in June, shows the majority of public transport licenses are up for renewal at the end of October.

I see yesterday Aircoach announced their service is changing to serve Killiney and Terminal 2 along with Royal Marine Hotel now listed also. Seems the second stop in Dalkey has now been dropped:
    http://www.aircoach.ie/news.article.php?ID=255

So both licence will continue now?

Apart from some miss placed patriotic custom for the Patton Flyer I really cannot see how he can compete with Aircoach along this route? Their new timetable retains all the stops they previously had...

How exactly do they plan on getting buses up to and into the Castle? Up Barnhill and Killiney Rd? Pretty tight along there for a full size coach plus not the easiest access to the hotel itself.

Does Patton actually have a license or is that just hearsay?

The fact that they have two stops for each terminal, seems to suggest that there will be a second lot of bus stops in terminal 2 when it opens, as opposed to everyone going over to Terminal 1 as I believed would happen.

To be fair though, they have dropped the Ulverton Road stop as of today, although that was an additional stop that Patton never had himself anyway.

website is dead:
    H-SPHERE. Account suspended. Account for domain www.thepattonflyer.ie has been suspended. Powered by H-Sphere.

I know it was saying that before, but it isn't anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Does Patton actually have a license or is that just hearsay?

The fact that they have two stops for each terminal, seems to suggest that there will be a second lot of bus stops in terminal 2 when it opens, as opposed to everyone going over to Terminal 1 as I believed would happen.

To be fair though, they have dropped the Ulverton Road stop as of today, although that was an additional stop that Patton never had himself anyway.

I assume that the Ulverton Road stop is dropped as the buses will be heading north along Hyde Road and it would be impossible to do both.

I note however that for the return journey coaches will start at Terminal 1 and then loop around to Terminal 2 before proceeding to Dalkey. A rather convoluted route around the airport.

I would imagine it is due to the fact from when Terminal 2 opens, the majority of airlines will still be departing from terminal 1, although over the first few weeks I read Aer Lingus and the transatlantic will gradually switch across.

• Advertisement

Really, at the end of the day it's all going to be immaterial soon when Trevor comes back and takes this route and Aircoach have no license for it.

It is interesting though that they are now main streaming this route, removing the local stop in Dalkey, and instead copying Trevor's old stop in Killiney.

An interesting document -seems they are in court against the revenue commissioner:
    http://www.supremecourt.ie/legaldiary.nsf/70d3eb4d55f1758f802571d200423cbd/028c72cccbd0d1918025777a005e42bb?OpenDocument

YAWN- Reported.

What? I have not done anything wrong?

Just posting something that is in the public domain?

Honestly do you work for Aircoach? Same with you Cookie Monster?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

I would imagine it is due to the fact from when Terminal 2 opens, the majority of airlines will still be departing from terminal 1, although over the first few weeks I read Aer Lingus and the transatlantic will gradually switch across.

The point I am making is would it not make more sense to start at Terminal 2 and then serve terminal 1 before going to Dalkey? This route means that passengers from Terminal 1 will have to do a 360 degree loop before getting out of the airport.

However, I'm not sure if the new road layout will permit traffic from T2 arrivals to T1 arrivals.

Same with you Cookie Monster?

no, I don't. whatever gave you that idea?

KC61 wrote: »
    The point I am making is would it not make more sense to start at Terminal 2 and then serve terminal 1 before going to Dalkey? This route means that passengers from Terminal 1 will have to do a 360 degree loop before getting out of the airport.

However, I'm not sure if the new road layout will permit traffic from T2 arrivals to T1 arrivals.

To be fair I have no idea, I didn't even know there was going to be a second lot of bus stops until I read that, as there has been no notice of anywhere where they would be on any maps on the Dublin Airport website.

There may even be a third, though as the Aircoach website references T2 departures as well as arrivals. Would be nice to see a map to see what services are stopping at what areas as there is going to be confusion, I would have expected the DAA to sort this out already.

No - if you read this thread and my posts, you will see that I am clearly not related to them, I am someone who uses their services quite a few times a year, but that is it. I also use several other operators and mostly Dublin Bus.

Also the link you provided means nothing - for all you know, it could be Aircoach who have taken action against the revenue commission - nobody knows, but you can't go making accusations and unsubstantiated claims like you did originally before editing your post unless you want to put yourself in a very dodgy position.

honestly dalkeyresident you are not doing trevor patton any favours by making his company look like a throwback from the auld days of burn everything british except their coal, it makes you out to be a bigot and sectarian and a common thug.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

If you have an issue with a specific post, report it. We'll look at it and decide if there's an issue.

If there's an issue with a particular poster, bring it to the attention of the mods.

The rule is "attack the post, not the poster". Don't start making personal accusations/attacks.

Cease and desist please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Really, at the end of the day it's all going to be immaterial soon when Trevor comes back and takes this route and Aircoach have no license for it.

Presumably Aircoach would not have extended the route if they did not have a licence not only for the extension, but for the original part too.
    It is interesting though that they are now main streaming this route, removing the local stop in Dalkey, and instead copying Trevor's old stop in Killiney.

You might remember that only about 6 of Trevor's buses per day served Killiney, Aircoach are sending all 29 there. You might also remember that The Fitzpatrick Hotel recommended Aircoach from Dalkey even when both services were running, so they may prefer you didn't call it "Trevor's" stop. And presumably they reckon 29 services a day to and from the airport is rather a good selling point to customers.

Advertisement