Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patton Flyer (mod warning post #404) SEE POST #659 ALSO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Hmmmm.....Noting the given locations of Cookie_Monster and -Chris-,is there a tactical Killiney-Cabinteely axis thing going on here ?

This is highly suspicious and can only lead to further unease amongst Dalkey residents that they are being caught in a pincer movement......I smell Blitzkreig !!! :eek:

I've been wondering about Cookie Monster for a long time. Judging by some of his posts, I suspect he works in the same building as me, and I've taken to eyeing my colleagues suspiciously for signs of public transport usage combined with excessive cookie consumption!

C635

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

-Chris- wrote: »
    Why is my name in inverted commas? Do you think I'm not a real Chris or something?? :p

I thought the real -Chris- always posted in bold:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

If I'm posting in bold, it means you have been.

:D

(courtesy of Wibbs)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

-Chris- wrote: »
    If I'm posting in bold, it means you have been.

:D

(courtesy of Wibbs)

Fightin' talk ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

I see Mr Patton's standing for election in Dun Laoghaire ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I heard he's already attending the dail and calling himself a TD. He's just waiting for the paperwork to come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I see Mr Patton's standing for election in Dun Laoghaire ...

On what "ticket"?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

On what "ticket"?

on the same basis as running for councillor, The Patton Flyer is a national issue you know. :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

On what "ticket"?

Well it's not a ticket, you see, it's membership of a private club that allows you access to a bus service to the airport but you're not definitely not paying for the journey to the airport!

I saw him the other day in a large Taxi-like VW Sharan or something like that with Patton Flyer on the side, was just wondering if he was copying some of the taxi-drivers who used to poach his customers???

I saw him the other day in a large Taxi-like VW Sharan or something like that with Patton Flyer on the side, was just wondering if he was copying some of the taxi-drivers who used to poach his customers???

He's had a merc Vito with that on the side for a good few years. Used to see it around Dalkey when he was down to check on the buses/ have a pint / etc.

• Advertisement

Ah my mistake so, hadn't seen it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭smackyB

He hasn't received a single vote to date on the Boards poll. Obviously DalkeyResident hasn't voted yet :D

bumpty bump

what ol Trev up to these days?

I noticed that two coach parked up along Dalkey Park. Here

Has he just abandoned them, blocking up a residential area of do they get used for anything these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

bumpty bump

what ol Trev up to these days?

I noticed that two coach parked up along Dalkey Park. Here

Has he just abandoned them, blocking up a residential area of do they get used for anything these days?

Ah come on now Cookie,these things take time.....just relax with a nice cool Bulmers......:D

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

I saw at least one of his old coaches parked in the same position about 6 weeks ago. You might be a bit annoyed if you lived round there and there was no prospect of them being moved anytime soon...

Still... maybe he's going to reinstate his old route as per the pre-Christmas speculation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

I saw at least one of his old coaches parked in the same position about 6 weeks ago. You might be a bit annoyed if you lived round there and there was no prospect of them being moved anytime soon...

Still... maybe he's going to reinstate his old route as per the pre-Christmas speculation?

That IS/WAS pure speculation. It was just a quote from an article in the Dalkey Community Council Newsletter which I had referenced. Since then, I was talking to Patton who told me (First-hand?:D) that it was pure speculation. Nevertheless, The Patton Flyer website is still on the air with the same old message that was there back in September. I still don't know why the former fleet of the Flyer have been idling in the same place for the last few months. I'm beginning to think that it is a shrine to commemorate the former Dalkey-Dublin Airport service:D.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

It was also mentioned on his facebook page by a few of his customers that he may be coming back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Just passed the Flyers yesterday parked up in Dalkey. Both have been vandalised, one has a side window broken, both covered in grafitti. Only a matter of time 'till something more serious happens them.

trad wrote: »
    Just passed the Flyers yesterday parked up in Dalkey. Both have been vandalised, one has a side window broken, both covered in grafitti. Only a matter of time 'till something more serious happens them.

maybe the council will dispose of them as they are clearly abandoned and a fire risk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

They still have to be worth some money. Simular coaches are for sale (albeit with lower mileage and better condition) from €30k upwards.

• Advertisement

Patton and Dualway buses both the subject of vandalism in the same weekend? Very odd.

Patton and Dualway buses both the subject of vandalism in the same weekend? Very odd.

one of those coaches has had a window smashed in for months. It was parked across 4-5 parking spot on the Killiney hill Road just up from the Castle hotel weeks ago. Passed it on the bike and noticed the cracked / smashed side window.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

maybe the council will dispose of them as they are clearly abandoned and a fire risk...

I though that only worked if and when a car can't be reasonably be returned to it's owner. If these coaches have Patton Flyer marked all over them, it won't be too hard to find their owner; given the cost of same I doubt if they are actually abandoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭Vic_08

As long as they are taxed and legally parked the council have no business going near them, they ar no more "clearly abandoned" than any other vehicle parked on a public road.

I am no fan of Patton but he has as much right to litter public roads with his coaches as anyone else does with their vehicles as long as he stays within the law, although he does have form in this regard unless you can prove he has broken parking or vehicle law in this regard (are the coaches taxed?) then I don't see the problem.

As for vandalism or fire risk, this is down to the propensity of other people to break the law by damaging private property and it is those people who nead dealing with not Trev. Unfortunately in this scumbag-filled country you cannot park buses even in relatively quiet areas without them being targeted by vandals, as proved by Dualway even fenced-off compounds are not safe. I am surprised that Patton does not appear to have any facility to store his buses as even the smallest operators know that it is foolish to leave expensive vandal-magnets like coaches out in the open.

that was tongue in cheek but anyway given the recent crack down on commercial tax fraud you could easily argue that leaving commercial vehicles stored in a residential street does not come under commercial activity and have them removed if you really wanted to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

At the end of the day, Patton may well claim that because he believes he was in his belief illegally forced off the road, any damage would be caused by this fact and therefore if his case he currently is taking part in is found in his favour, he could base compensation on his vehicles suffered damaged as they were laying around as he was prevented from using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dowlingm

At the end of the day, Patton may well claim that because he believes he was in his belief illegally forced off the road, any damage would be caused by this fact and therefore if his case he currently is taking part in is found in his favour, he could base compensation on his vehicles suffered damaged as they were laying around as he was prevented from using them.
    Care to cite any case law in support of this? I doubt you can. Not being able to use vehicles for licensed purposes is no bar to properly storing them.

he can believe whatever he wants, it still won't make his actions legal
    and anyway he would be due no compensation for damage as they were not properly securely stored, merely left on the roadside when any old scumbag can just wander up and do as he pleases.

Presumably he has something called insurance from which he can choose to claim or not? The idea that you might claim from another body because the buses should have been on the road is an odd one. It's like denying responsibility for a car accident because you should have been somewhere else at the time.

If I lived round there, I'd be on to the garda / council to report it, with a view to their removal, one way or another. The road where they are is a nice area, and I can't imagine the neighbours will put up with vandalised vehicles hanging around for long. It would be the same with any apparently abandoned and vandalised vehicle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 DalkeyResident

The Patton Flyer may well return soon as Aircoach raises it's prices start on Monday.

I'm just curious how other Dalkey residents feel aobut the prospect?

Advertisement