Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how was the dx invasion tour tonight in dublin!!!

Options
  • 05-11-2009 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

What superstars were there and what was the atmosphere and matches like?! Im headed to the smackdown show myself on 14th! :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

one of the matches i know of is henry against masters. was told that by my bother that was at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 eire126

cool!!!! i really hope the lineup is good for the smackdown show!!! But the fact that undertaker is there is unreal!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

i'm not going to the smackdown show wish i was would love to see the undertaker. maybe next year i mite head over sea's to a live event. i've never been to any wrestleing show

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Awesome. Awesome, awesome, awesome. And you know why? Cause Randy Orton picked me out of the crowd, screamed abuse at me and ended up spitting in my face!

I'll post more details in the morning (Got an early day so need to lie down), though I'm also sure there's about to be a lot of posts. Here was the card though....Spoilers Ahoy!

Battle Royal for WWE Title Shot - Jack Swagger wins.
    Chavo vs Hornswoggle (Chavo must fight on knees) - Horny wins.
    Sheamus vs Bourne - Sheamus wins.
    US TITLE: Miz vs MVP - Miz wins.
    Henry vs Masters - Henry wins.
    DIVAS TITLE: Melina vs Fox (Jillian as guest ring announcer) - Melina.
    ***Intermission***
    Orton vs Kofi - Orton wins.
    DX vs Legacy - DX wins.
    WWE TITLE: Swagger vs Cena - Cena wins.

With Orton, the crowd were 100% behind him (I felt bad for Kofi cause he was visibly annoyed post match). Orton was trying to piss everyone off but couldnt. Then randomly, after flooring Kofi, he rolled out of the ring, hoped the barricade and came face to face with me. Being in the second row, I could only have been physically closer had he hit me <_< He eye balled me and then started screaming at me to shut up, spitting on my face in the process. I wasn't even being that loud (There was a block of us chanting for an RKO though <_<).

Pure awesomeness being so close to him O_O

haha holy crap!!!

• Advertisement

yeh i really want to go see wrestlemania at some stage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

really enjoyed the show it was great seeing hbk and hhh live again but orton stole the show he was awesome and put on a really good match with kofi. Only sad point was my melinas a ride chant didnt catch on also got a few dirty looks from some parents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭LegendKiller_

Awesome. Awesome, awesome, awesome. And you know why? Cause Randy Orton picked me out of the crowd, screamed abuse at me and ended up spitting in my face!

I'll post more details in the morning (Got an early day so need to lie down), though I'm also sure there's about to be a lot of posts. Here was the card though....Spoilers Ahoy!

Battle Royal for WWE Title Shot - Jack Swagger wins.
    Chavo vs Hornswoggle (Chavo must fight on knees) - Horny wins.
    Sheamus vs Bourne - Sheamus wins.
    US TITLE: Miz vs MVP - Miz wins.
    Henry vs Masters - Henry wins.
    DIVAS TITLE: Melina vs Fox (Jillian as guest ring announcer) - Melina.
    ***Intermission***
    Orton vs Kofi - Orton wins.
    DX vs Legacy - DX wins.
    WWE TITLE: Swagger vs Cena - Cena wins.

With Orton, the crowd were 100% behind him (I felt bad for Kofi cause he was visibly annoyed post match). Orton was trying to piss everyone off but couldnt. Then randomly, after flooring Kofi, he rolled out of the ring, hoped the barricade and came face to face with me. Being in the second row, I could only have been physically closer had he hit me <_< He eye balled me and then started screaming at me to shut up, spitting on my face in the process. I wasn't even being that loud (There was a block of us chanting for an RKO though <_<).

Pure awesomeness being so close to him O_O

:eek: Orton is a legend

meh now i'm gutted i didnt go :( awell will get to see orton,hbk and hhh live at WM26 :D

and your from drogheda :eek: me too lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

How was the reaction for Sheamus?

you are goin to wrestlemania 26!!! Lucky git!!! haha!!!!! Wow!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭LegendKiller_

eire126 wrote: »
    you are goin to wrestlemania 26!!! Lucky git!!! haha!!!!! Wow!!!

Lol..yep first time ever so should be AWESOME :D but tbh i'm more excited seeing Taker live for the first time next week than going to WM atm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Not long back.Here is my appraisal of the show.

Over The Top Battle Rotal

The winner of this would get a title match against Cena in the main event.The wrestlers were Mark Henry,Chris Masters,Santino,Chavo,Evan Bourne,Orton and Legacy,Shamus,MVP,Jack Swagger,Kofi Kingston and The Miz.

The battle royal was good but like any battle royal,you had to really concentrate on who was being eliminated.Jack Swagger won it which was an interesting and surprising victory as most had expected Orton to win.He went out quite early along with Kingston.

Shamus,Mark Henry and Jack Swagger came out looking strong from the battle royal.Santino got a good following.

Hornswoggle v Chavo Guerrero

Your typical Hornswoggle v Chavo match.Chavo was ordered to wrestle on his knees by McMahon and the announcer delivered the message.I thought Chavo did an excellent job of playing to and working the crowd and really put Hornswoggle over.Chavo played some nice tributes to Eddie with the whole cheating behind the referee gag.

Hornswoggle won with the tadpole splash.

MVP v The Miz

This was a good match overall.The Miz was put over as the aggressive United States Champion.Back and forth match but at times the crowd weren't too interested in it until near the end.Miz did a good job of drawing some heat on the mic.

Miz won with the forward russian leg sweep.

Divas Championship Match Melina v Alicia Fox

Jillian was introduced as guest announcer and got some heat from the crowd.I thought she was real funny and her singing was hilarious.I was disappointed that she got cut off by Melina.

Match itself didn't draw any great interest from the crowd but Melina worked hard to sell for Alicia Fox by screaming and writhing in pain from Alicia's holds.Nice comeback and the usual matrix spot.Melina went over in this one.

Sheamus v Evan Bourne

Was delighted to see Sheamus get some mic time.He did a wonderful swerve on the crowd by acting as a babyface and playing up to returning home to Dublin only to get on the crowds back as a bunch of begrudgers.

From then on he pretty much dominated Evan Bourne.Took a while for the crowd to get going in this match but when Evan got some good offens in,it livened up to the point where he was going for the Air Bourne.Sheamus recovered well to deliver his two finishers and finished off Bourne with a scissors kick.

Overall Sheamus came out looking great.He played the part of the heel that brushd off Bourne with relative ease.

Mark Henry v Chris Masters

Chris Masters didn't have to do a whole lot to get a little bit of heat but he worked well to act like a coward at the offset.Mark Henry is just huge and I think little by little he is really getting more over as time goes by.At this point of the show,he was the best face to interact with the crowd and got them cheering them on.

He beat Masters with a slam when Masters came off the ropes.Henry did his signals to the crowd and really interacted well by going to the front row and tagging fans.

There was a short break then.

Randy Orton v Kofi Kingston

This match was pretty much setup by virtue of the afters they got involved in when they were both eliminated from the battle royal.

Randy Orton was clearly hot with the crowd and it was hard for him to get really hated.Fan reaction was a mixture of boos and cheers.He dominated large portions of the match and brutalised Kingston to the point where he threw him out aggressively and didn't bother with Kofi for 3 minutes as he lay on the ground.Orton actually jumped the barracade and sneered at the fans to get them to boo him.

Orton was caught off guard momentarily until he came back with his back to back backbreaker and then hit the RKO to the delight of the fans who gave a big pop for that.After the win,he didn't bother trying to play to the crowd that cheered him and he just walked off to the back.It is only a matter of time before Orton turns face I believe.

Thought Kingston came off as a bit heelish when he was leaving as he got booed and looked like a sore loser.

DX v Legacy

Clearly the pop of the night went to DX.HHH really got the crowd going and he was the mouthpiece of the team.HBK seemed to take backseat to HHH.HHH was a bit funny at times and hinted the possibility of Dublin hosting a live show.

The match itself was back and forth and very entertaining although after watching DX all these years,their repertoire of moves became very predictable.Both hit their double finishers on Rhodes and Dibiase to seal the win.

HHH was more interacting with the crowd.HBK seemed into it too but HHH just loved the crowd and the kids and stayed a bit more to mingle.

Main Event: John Cena v Jack Swagger

Cena comes out to a huge pop on par with DX.Swagger gets a luke warm booing ovation.The match starts off with Swagger using some amateur moves and frustrating Cena until Cena goes on the brawling offensive to really get the match going.

Swagger and Cena seemed to go back and forth and the crowd were facing off against each other in Cena v Swagger chants.What disappointed me about the match is that the only time it may have looked like Swagger had Cena was when Cena was going to be counted out.

Cena and Swagger worked over each other but Cena never looked in any huge danger and polished off Swagger with the FU.

I was disappointed that Cena didn't work the crowd after on the mic and the show drew to a close.

All in all it was an entertaining show but I thought the crowd were hard pressed to get vocal about a lot of the matches and they only seemed to get into it after the interval when Orton,Legacy,DX and Cena were involved.The merchandise stands seemed to only concentrate on DX and Cena.

I was happy that they didn't play off the cheap pops by praising Ireland to the high heavens and I think the mic time they gave to Sheamus and HHH was very appropriate and adequate.

One thing about the show though is that they really need to make the next visit a tv taping and lower the prices of tickets.I felt that a very large portion of the fans were parents with kids and this kind of took away from the atmosphere for me.

It was my first WWE show in 4 and a half years and I was glad to see Raw but unless the next show is a tv taping,I don't think I'll be rushing out to get tickets.Tonights show was entertaining and good but I seem to remember Smackdown in the old point as being a better show with better wrestling.It was also my first time in the new Point/O2 arena and in terms of the venue,it is a huge improvement as a facility for wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

What did Hunter say that might suggest we will get a live tv taping?

wow tanx blackbelt! Wos der pyro (fireworks) at the show?! I cant wait for smackdown show next week...UNDERTAKER IN CASKET MATCH WITH CM PUNK!

What did Hunter say that might suggest we will get a live tv taping?

He started off by giving the usual DX routine of the thousands of fans in attendence and then he stopped and joked about the millions of fans NOT watching at home.:D:D

He then went on to say that maybe they may get to come back to Dublin and said that they could put the Raw entrance where the entrance is and a big screen on the wall.He then said he would see what he could do which basically means talking to Vince.

wow tanx blackbelt! Wos der pyro (fireworks) at the show?! I cant wait for smackdown show next week...UNDERTAKER IN CASKET MATCH WITH CM PUNK!

No fireworks but there was some good lighting effects.Jack Korpela did the ring announcements.Seemed to also plug some offers....such as Mania tickets goin on sale on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

What kinda crowd reaction did Seamus get blackbelt?

Good write up btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

blackbelt wrote: »
    He then went on to say that maybe they may get to come back to Dublin and said that they could put the Raw entrance where the entrance is and a big screen on the wall.He then said he would see what he could do which basically means talking to Vince.

Haha, yeah right.. The O2 is not the right shape or size at all. I don't think there's anywhere in Ireland that would be able to hold it bar maybe Landsdowne Road when it's finished, they tend to use stadiums to keep the Raw shows the exact same layout each week.

haha i heard people were chanting melina is a ride and got looks from alot of parents....ha thats the fun of the shows!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Gambra wrote: »
    Haha, yeah right.. The O2 is not the right shape or size at all. I don't think there's anywhere in Ireland that would be able to hold it bar maybe Landsdowne Road when it's finished, they tend to use stadiums to keep the Raw shows the exact same layout each week.

The boxing and UFC ppv they broadcast from the o2 came out well on tv,but I see where you are coming from

• Advertisement

The boxing and UFC ppv they broadcast from the o2 came out well on tv,but I see where you are coming from

Yeah, its not the capacity it's just the actual shape of it. And they need to fit the Titantron in which is much higher than the O2 ceiling. The O2 would suit a TNA taping perfectly actually but judging by the attendance numbers at the last show that may not happen..

Also, Croke Park would be perfect as well as it's just under the capacity of Wembley which had Raw live earlier this year. That would be incredible to have happen.

flahavaj wrote: »
    What kinda crowd reaction did Seamus get blackbelt?

Good write up btw.

He didn't seem to get a huge reaction funnily enough when he came out.No cheering for Sheamus and I was expecting to hear somebody talk about SOS.I clapped for him.

The crowd didn't seem to react so much even when the announcer read out his stats.It was only when he got on the mic and played the crowd that they seemed to voice their opinion.

He made the right call to stay heel as if he had been a face he would have made little or no impact on the mic.

i wonder what kind of reaction finlay will get next week. his music atm is crap. His old music was way better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Sheamus got a good enough reaction, but did a heel promo. I thought he might have been a face seeing it was Dublin. He did come out with the classic line of "a nation of begrudgers" Typical irish saying :)

DX were good, but the pop Cena got nearly blew the roof off the place.

Orton was good the way he jumped into the front row to go ballistic.

I just kind of wish I'd got ringside seats. I was in block C, row 29, seat 83.

Gambra wrote: »
    Also, Croke Park would be perfect as well as it's just under the capacity of Wembley which had Raw live earlier this year. That would be incredible to have happen.

It would never happen or is very unlikely.Vince seems to hate outdoor shows and given that we can't rely on our weather here,the possibility seems very slim.Croke Park with extra seating on pitch would hold 95,000 people but the demand wouldn't meet the supply I wouldn't think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

It would never happen or is very unlikely.Vince seems to hate outdoor shows and given that we can't rely on our weather here,the possibility seems very slim.Croke Park with extra seating on pitch would hold 95,000 people but the demand wouldn't meet the supply I wouldn't think.

Jesus nowhere near.

I severely doubt they'll ever have a RAW taping in Ireland. Why Ireland and not Germany, Spain, Italy, France or a host of other, larger, more lucrative markets with more suitable arenas?

i wonder what kind of reaction finlay will get next week. his music atm is crap. His old music was way better.

If tonight is anything to go by,he would get a tame reaction from the fans although I am not sure of the age profile of the fans going to Smackdown which could make a big difference.

Sheamus got what he could out of the fans tonight which is a huge pat on the back for him.It looks like WWE are looking to have a long term interest in his development and I would not be surprised to see him wear some gold in the next year.His mic skills are improving all the time.I thought he was the best heel alongside Rhodes and Dibiase tonight.Orton was too much over tonight to be taken into consideration as a huge heel I feel.

Oh obviously. even if they did manage to do it outdoors (bar a few of the Wrestlemanias I don't think they've ever done outdoor shows?) and there's no way you would get 95,000 in for a show. Sheffield (where Raw is on Monday) has a capacity of 13,000 which shows it's not all about numbers.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Jesus nowhere near.

I severely doubt they'll ever have a RAW taping in Ireland. Why Ireland and not Germany, Spain, Italy, France or a host of other, larger, more lucrative markets with more suitable arenas?
    He didn't seem to get a huge reaction funnily enough when he came out.No cheering for Sheamus and I was expecting to hear somebody talk about SOS.I clapped for him.

The crowd didn't seem to react so much even when the announcer read out his stats.It was only when he got on the mic and played the crowd that they seemed to voice their opinion.

He made the right call to stay heel as if he had been a face he would have made little or no impact on the mic.

Yeh. We would definitely be last in line behind places like france and germany and basically the rest of europe lol. It would be good tho if it ever happened.

Advertisement