Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how was the dx invasion tour tonight in dublin!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

1. When the ref is checking the downed wrestler if he's ok, is he really acting as the go between for the match script. One time in particular, he checked Cena, Cena said something and the ref walks around the ropes of the ring as though checking, but says something to the opponent on the way. I thought the fights were scripted, but is it more improvised, and the ref co-ordinates?

Thats pretty much it, the ref acts as a go between for the wrestlers and the booker/timekeeper, the match will have a set lenght but this can change if the crowd isnt into it or they decide to do something different, the ref is told and he relays it to the wrestlers and vice versa, telling them when to "go home" or to finish up and do their finishing moves or whatever
    2. The bald fellas outside the ring, one from London Shootfighters - now I'm not stupid but what are they so nervy. Someone went over the " wall " onto the ground in the crowd, and I saw them reacting to a young fella leaning over to take a photo. I understand they're protecting the guys, but are they expecting them to be assaulted. Similiar to when Cena was touching all the kids hands etc, one kid went to give him a hug and they were like on springs getting ready.

It does happen, theres always some crazy fan ready to jump the barrier (happened in 2004 at a Raw show in the old Point) or back in 2007 when Lance Cade was standing at the ringside area and leant over the barrier shouting at the crowd to get some heel reactions, a kid in the front row stood up and slapped him hard in the chest, he got chucked out for that, the kids go nuts trying to get to the barriers when the matches are over as well so they have to watch whats going on so people dont get crushed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

good to hear you had a good night my fellow Villa fan, but just so you know im moving this to the thread about last nights event where others who went are already discussing it.

it was better at the 0 - 2 than the 1 - 2 at Upton Park mate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Randy really needs hair. I've never understood WWE's policy of "He's popular? GET THE RAZOR!"

Great pics krudler

Agreed, really nice pics.

Orton's apparent lack of any form of hair follicles anywhere on his body, is somewhat disturbing. He's gaining that "too naked" look because of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

it was better at the 0 - 2 than the 1 - 2 at Upton Park mate :D

that it woulda been for sure.

sounds like it was a good house show from all reports so far nobody really moaning about anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Fitzy101

overall the show was great
    it was fun being the only so called "Cena Hater" in my block,i had to rush out at the end to avoid being jumped by a group of screaming 4 year old kids with "U CANT SEE ME" t-shirts and rey mysterio masks looool they were calling me "mean" when i was giving Cena the finger at the finish,it was hillarious

was great to see Orton,he got a great crowd reaction

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Sorry, my files are all too big to upload. Booooo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I like bald and thin Orton. Mainly, I figure it goes with the whole viper baddie gimmick <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

seat Question

I got seats in Section E Row 15 for the undertaker RIP tour. Is this a good view i paid full whack so i pray to god they are lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

Hi,

Few things to ask you guys, you might know better than me.

1. When the ref is checking the downed wrestler if he's ok, is he really acting as the go between for the match script. One time in particular, he checked Cena, Cena said something and the ref walks around the ropes of the ring as though checking, but says something to the opponent on the way. I thought the fights were scripted, but is it more improvised, and the ref co-ordinates?

2. The bald fellas outside the ring, one from London Shootfighters - now I'm not stupid ;) but what are they so nervy. Someone went over the " wall " onto the ground in the crowd, and I saw them reacting to a young fella leaning over to take a photo. I understand they're protecting the guys, but are they expecting them to be assaulted. Similiar to when Cena was touching all the kids hands etc, one kid went to give him a hug and they were like on springs getting ready.

Great night, absolute showmen and excellent performers. In some cases, it seems far less real when you're so close, and I missed the commentary, but it certainly gave me an interest again, lost since the Rock, Austin and Mankind drifted away.

Hope you all had as good a time as me and my boy.
    :D

1. Refs (esp WWE refs) do a HELL of a lot more work than just count the pinfalls. Usually as they're the one with a watch (I've never seen a wrestler with one) they can speed up or slow down the match depending on how long it's been given on the card. They also pretty much call the action unless the two guys can work off each other well (DX say would never need ref help for the spots). Cena is one of those guys that does need the ref though, you can always spot the ref talking to Cena obviously telling him what's next. Refs also do stuff like this:

m81vr4.jpg

2. Every bouncer at every event and nightclub in the world are dickheads (bar a few that do the ATP Festival in England as they're regulars) so that kind of carry on is to be expected. Your right though, a young kid is hardly going to start poundin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

yo if u ever did backyard wrestling then u see how pro wrestling is done. a lot of improvisation and the best like angle, joe, danielson, styles, are able to improvise so well. this what makes a good wrestler.

• Advertisement

yo if u ever did backyard wrestling then u see how pro wrestling is done. a lot of improvisation and the best like angle, joe, danielson, styles, are able to improvise so well. this what makes a good wrestler.

No. No no no. If you do backyard wrestling, it does not show you how to be a good wrestler, no more than playing Need For Speed with an Xbox pad teaches you how to drive.

Some pics. Sorry, I don't know how to insert them.

These pics were taken from Block C, row 28, seat 83.

krudler wrote: »
    ticketmaster at 9am, picked the section i wanted instead of "best available" front row tickets, easy peasy

Which side of the ring/section were you in? I'm hoping to get front row next time.

Which side of the ring/section were you in? I'm hoping to get front row next time.

Ringside E, my pics are on the previous page so you'll get an idea of the view

• Registered Users Posts: 45 eire126

what time the show start for ye lst night?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    seat Question

I got seats in Section E Row 15 for the undertaker RIP tour. Is this a good view i paid full whack so i pray to god they are lol.

Depends, if its ringside E then no, you'll be behind 14 rows of people on flat seats, kids will be up on their chairs all night and you wont see anything,if its tiered it'll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭*tripsi*

Can't believe i missed dx LIVE! :mad: i heard trips was wonderful as always! and really nice to see the a list diva Melina!:D

So did any of you guys get into the hotel or do you have to stay there to get in??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

dx need to **** OFF

• Registered Users Posts: 45 eire126

would have been fun to chant for swagger just to annoy all the little kids!

I'm ringside E row 10 for the Undertakers RIP tour. I can imagine there'll be a right load of annoying wee f****rs about the place. I was on tiered seats last night and when they stood up they were blocking my view.

Stupid children :p

• Advertisement

eire126 wrote: »
    would have been fun to chant for swagger just to annoy all the little kids!

Thats exactly what we did:D duelling chants are great fun, I booed all the faces, the looks i got for cheering for The Miz were great, it was funny hearing "lets go Cena!" in little kiddy and girlie voices then "lets go swagger!" in adult voices :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

Some pics. Sorry, I don't know how to insert them.

These pics were taken from Block C, row 28, seat 83.

Thanks for the pic of the empty arena, i've been looking for one just to visualise it for myself for so long it was driving me nuts. I'll be ringside about 10 rows back just in front of the large black sheet. I can actually see a guy sitting where I will be sitting.

I'll be with two younger kids and really we shouldn't have gotten flat seating but since we're in the very back row they can stand up and not be a bother to anyone.

The guy sitting beside me was asking why we were cheering Swagger when he was such an ass. My response was simple. Dueling chants are incredibly fun, and while the kids may act outraged, it only serves to excite them, and make them feel their chants are more important.

Boo Cena. For the kids.

The guy sitting beside me was asking why we were cheering Swagger when he was such an ass. My response was simple. Dueling chants are incredibly fun, and while the kids may act outraged, it only serves to excite them, and make them feel their chants are more important.

Boo Cena. For the kids.

exactly, and we're the real fans, I've been watching since Wrestlemania 3, I paid for a ticket i'll cheer for whoever I damn want

eire126 wrote: »
    what time the show start for ye lst night?

Just after 7.30.

They also had a 10 minute break from 8.55 to 9.05pm, although the ring announcer didn't say how long it was going to be which is a bit unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cactus86

i was at ringside section g, & bar 3 lads & a few kids there was no sound. Iv been to every house show in Dublin since 04 & that was the most depressed section iv been in :mad:

The tiered section sounded fun, lot of Orton & Swagger chants (which i loved). Was a good card in fairness, just wish the adults in that section would understand that we're supposed to scream & shout.

Goin on the 14th to Taker's tour, tiered seating...should be fun :D

cactus86 wrote: »
    i was at ringside section g, & bar 3 lads & a few kids there was no sound. Iv been to every house show in Dublin since 04 & that was the most depressed section iv been in :mad:

The tiered section sounded fun, lot of Orton & Swagger chants (which i loved). Was a good card in fairness, just wish the adults in that section would understand that we're supposed to scream & shout.

Goin on the 14th to Taker's tour, tiered seating...should be fun :D

yeah i was up in the tiered G section and we had a great laugh,i was around a good few kids so anytime i chanted something they helped me along,except when i was supporting Swagger of course since they were all Cena Mad haha.
    its kinda sad to hear there were no sound where you were though,i noticed that with alot of the fathers,they need to get more involved

krudler wrote: »
    exactly, and we're the real fans, I've been watching since Wrestlemania 3, I paid for a ticket i'll cheer for whoever I damn want

couldnt have put it better myself

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cactus86

Fitzy101 wrote: »
    yeah i was up in the tiered G section and we had a great laugh,i was around a good few kids so anytime i chanted something they helped me along,except when i was supporting Swagger of course since they were all Cena Mad haha.
    its kinda sad to hear there were no sound where you were though,i noticed that with alot of the fathers,they need to get more involved

you may have been one of d lads we stood up for. when all the swagger chatning started, myself & my 2 mates stood up to applaud ye, cos we realised that there was actually someone there to have a bitta fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Gambra wrote: »
    They also pretty much call the action unless the two guys can work off each other well (DX say would never need ref help for the spots). Cena is one of those guys that does need the ref though, you can always spot the ref talking to Cena obviously telling him what's next. Refs also do stuff like this:

lol, do you think cena would be in the longest match of the night EVERY night if he needed the ref to help him with spots because he cannot work well with somebody :rolleyes: of course not, he would be booked in short matches ala warrior and goldberg if that were the case and certainly would not be booked in 2 sixty min matches in the space of 2 years, cena has worked great matches with numerous opponents such as orton, michaels, umaga, lashley, edge, hhh, jbl. the guy looked like he was veteran in his first wwe tv match with angle but somehow 7 years later he needs the refs help.....

Advertisement