Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how was the dx invasion tour tonight in dublin!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

rossie1977 wrote: »
    lol, do you think cena would be in the longest match of the night EVERY night if he needed the ref to help him with spots because he cannot work well with somebody :rolleyes: of course not, he would be booked in short matches ala warrior and goldberg if that were the case and certainly would not be booked in 2 sixty min matches in the space of 2 years, cena has worked great matches with numerous opponents such as orton, michaels, umaga, lashley, edge, hhh, jbl. the guy looked like he was veteran in his first wwe tv match with angle but somehow 7 years later he needs the refs help.....

+1

Cena deserves a lot more respect than he gets. Despite being saddled with a two-dimensional character, he's put on some really ace matches since I started watching again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

rossie1977 wrote: »
    lol, do you think cena would be in the longest match of the night EVERY night if he needed the ref to help him with spots because he cannot work well with somebody :rolleyes: of course not, he would be booked in short matches ala warrior and goldberg if that were the case and certainly would not be booked in 2 sixty min matches in the space of 2 years, cena has worked great matches with numerous opponents such as orton, michaels, umaga, lashley, edge, hhh, jbl. the guy looked like he was veteran in his first wwe tv match with angle but somehow 7 years later he needs the refs help.....

No I didn't mean it in a knocking way, I just mentioned Cena in the contect of the post I was replying to. Pretty much every single guy gets this as the ref is the only one with the mic link to the back where the instructions on where the match should go are coming from. It just seems to me that the camera picks up on Cena being told what to do more than others which is a fault of the camera men. Pretty much every single main eventer still gets told like this to differing degress. And length at the top is no idication of professionalism when it comes to calling spots/ref instructions, have you heard Jericho over the last few months roaring out spots to people he's against?

I'm not Cena's biggest fan in the world but I'm not one of those "He's too popular and he sux" guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Back on topic lads. Ill split the thread if ye want?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

anyway to turn this thread in the right direction according to the wrestling101 forum hhh implies they will have a t v taping everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭*tripsi*

I Can't see wwe having a raw or smackdown here. Is the irish crowd really any louder than the rest of europe?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Lone Kimono

*tripsi* wrote: »
    I Can't see wwe having a raw or smackdown here. Is the irish crowd really any louder than the rest of europe?? :confused:

Well they cant be any worse than some of the American crowds. Would love to have an Irish taping, would be probably be very hard to get tickets for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Well they cant be any worse than some of the American crowds. Would love to have an Irish taping, would be probably be very hard to get tickets for though.

Maybe if they put a Raw and Smackdown taping on consecutive nights,one can dream!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Fitzy101

cactus86 wrote: »
    you may have been one of d lads we stood up for. when all the swagger chatning started, myself & my 2 mates stood up to applaud ye, cos we realised that there was actually someone there to have a bitta fun :D

haha yeah that defo could have been us,fair play to ye lads for doing that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

does anyone know if block L tickets would be worth getting?

viewing wise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

viewing wise...

I was in Block C for the Raw show on Wednesday, just below and to the left of Block L and while the view was unobstructed, it wasn't as close as I wanted to be. If you check out this thread or the WWE Tour News Ireland thread, I posted some pictures so you can see how far back I was and stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Gambra wrote: »
    they tend to use stadiums to keep the Raw shows the exact same layout each week.

They use arenas. Much smaller than stadiums. Wrestlemania is the only event that uses a stadium.
    Also, Croke Park would be perfect as well as it's just under the capacity of Wembley which had Raw live earlier this year. That would be incredible to have happen.

When was Raw at Wembley Stadium? I see no mention of that anywhere. They have used the O2 Arena in London.

viewing wise...

Actually to be honest, I was expecting sort of a better seat than what I got. I had the second most expensive seats available (ringside were sold out when I bought mine) and I thought I'd have been closer. I had a good look around the O2 as well when I was in my seat and I was about half way from where the ring is, to the back.

Also, one thing to remember is that they don't have any sort of big screen up so you're totally reliant on being able to see the ring from your seat.

To be honest, it was a bit hard to make our their faces from where I was.

Here's some pics. I was block C, row 29, seat 83. I was towards the back of Block C I think, there was only about 5 or 6 steps to the landing behind me, then the next level above that.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    They use arenas. Much smaller than stadiums. Wrestlemania is the only event that uses a stadium.

When was Raw at Wembley Stadium? I see no mention of that anywhere. They have used the O2 Arena in London.

They have had house-shows at Wembley Arena,but I dont think theyve had tapings there,never heard of a stadium taping,apart from,of course Summerslam 92 that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

They have had house-shows at Wembley Arena,but I dont think theyve had tapings there,never heard of a stadium taping,apart from,of course Summerslam 92 that time.

Yeah but the arena holds nowhere near what Croke Park holds.

Actually to be honest, I was expecting sort of a better seat than what I got. I had the second most expensive seats available (ringside were sold out when I bought mine) and I thought I'd have been closer. I had a good look around the O2 as well when I was in my seat and I was about half way from where the ring is, to the back.

Also, one thing to remember is that they don't have any sort of big screen up so you're totally reliant on being able to see the ring from your seat.

To be honest, it was a bit hard to make our their faces from where I was.

Here's some pics. I was block C, row 29, seat 83. I was towards the back of Block C I think, there was only about 5 or 6 steps to the landing behind me, then the next level above that.

did you feel like you were far back though? like, did you feel involved with the action or kinda disconnected?

I don't think I ever feel part of these things to be honest. But that's just me. I've been spoilt as I've had very good seats before for things. My first time at Raw was when it was at the point and we were on the balcony seats, which weren't too bad. The next time at WWE I was about 3 or 4 rows from ringside, then the same again at the Smackdown event at the RDS. I was actually 4 rows from the front, and my seat was at the aisle. Literally the last seat in the row at the aisle.

I have ringside seats in block E for next Saturday's show, I'll be 10 rows back. Hopefully they will be better.

i think il just buy the tickets. it should be a laugh either way. really wanna see taker before he retires.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭*tripsi*

Was there many empty seats??

*tripsi* wrote: »
    Was there many empty seats??

AFAIK it was pretty much sold out.

• Advertisement

There's not many tickets left for the SD show left at this stage, best I can get at this stage is 3 rows from the very very back of the top row!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

why would wwe hold a live show in ireland? have they held a live show outside of england and italy in europe yet? i don't think dublin would be near the top, probably around the same level as helsinki or somewher

There's not many tickets left for the SD show left at this stage, best I can get at this stage is 3 rows from the very very back of the top row!

That's pretty far back. I had a good look up there when I was in my seat on Wednesday which was block C, row 29, about half way and even it I thought was quite far. If you look at my pics on an earlier reply, you can see yourself.

BTW: Also, is it just me or are the rings that they use on the live tours/house shows in Ireland smaller than the one's at the Raw, Smackdown and PPV's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Fitzy101

why would wwe hold a live show in ireland? have they held a live show outside of england and italy in europe yet? i don't think dublin would be near the top, probably around the same level as helsinki or somewher

I just think its the whole thing about going to Ireealand as they say in the states,like the US treat the Irish like royalty so i could defo see them having a show here in the future,the place would be electric aswell :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

eire126 wrote: »
    Yeh. We would definitely be last in line behind places like france and germany and basically the rest of europe lol. It would be good tho if it ever happened.

a normal raw event in the states has a crowd of around 13 or 14k a night. they only go to bigger venues for ppvs or the odd maddison square garden(3 hour raw show).

Ireland would NEVER EVVVVVERRRRR get a live tv event. any wrestling event here would be lucky to get 9000 showing up. and i mean VERY lucky. the market aint there. it makes more sense to have the show in the UK where we can still pay to go.

did they have one in Italy??? thought they had one in Barcelona alright

they never used webley stadium dude. they may have used some room at wembley but no way would they come close to half filling that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Paulegend wrote: »
    they never used webley stadium dude. they may have used some room at wembley but no way would they come close to half filling that

and what room in Wembley holds 80,355 people? That was the crowd.

Pretty sure there was a wwe show on in the rds a few years back with way over 9000 people at it too. Think Stone Cold was involved?

davrho wrote: »
    and what room in Wembley holds 80,355 people? That was the crowd.

Pretty sure there was a wwe show on in the rds a few years back with way over 9000 people at it too. Think Stone Cold was involved?

wembley arena holds 12,500

wembley stadium holds 90,000

the arena is opposite from the stadium;)

and yea rds did host smackdown. the capacity is 7,000 doh

im not saying they cant get crowds and i love wrestling but think they would struggle to get much more than that 7,000 in ireland

• Advertisement

davrho wrote: »

I was at that. It was held outdoors at the RDS, the same place they had the Bon Jovi concerts a few years prior. The ring was covered to avoid the Irish rain which surprisingly didn't make an appearance. In fact the only thing you would have got soaked from was Austin when he was doing the beer bath thing.

They even had some pyro and some big screens at it. I remember they played a video intro from Vince, saying how the McMahon's came from Ireland etc.

Advertisement