Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how was the dx invasion tour tonight in dublin!!!

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

That stadium has just been rebuilt. It held a lot less 1992.

See if your trying to be smart you should do a bit of research;).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SummerSlam_(1992)

even watch the dvd...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

davrho wrote: »
    That stadium has just been rebuilt. It held a lot less 1992.

See if your trying to be smart you should do a bit of research;).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SummerSlam_(1992)

even watch the dvd...........

yea but dude thats a ppv as i pointed out earlier ppv's do sell alot more and thats the uk. they wouldnt get that here:cool:

Paulegend wrote: »
    yea but dude thats a ppv as i pointed out earlier ppv's do sell alot more and thats the uk. they wouldnt get that here:cool:

Why dont you just admitt you made a balls of it? First Wembley stadium never held a major wwe event. Now it has.

Next wwe cant attract bigger crowds in Ireland. I bring up the outside show at the rds which again you tried to be smart but other folk here attended and you were wrong again.

Its very doubtful any wwe ppv would take place outside US or Canada. Would they manage a big crowd if they did? I would say yes. They can sell 8,000 tickets up north, 20,000 tickets over a few days here. A flight over from the uk costs buttons so you could expect a fair number to travel over just like a good few here go to the uk for shows. It wont happen but selling tickets would not be an issue. ppv buys in the us during the day though might be the major problem here.

a normal raw event in the states has a crowd of around 13 or 14k a night. they only go to bigger venues for ppvs or the odd maddison square garden(3 hour raw show).

Ireland would NEVER EVVVVVERRRRR get a live tv event. any wrestling event here would be lucky to get 9000 showing up. and i mean VERY lucky. the market aint there. it makes more sense to have the show in the UK where we can still pay to go.
    wembley arena holds 12,500

wembley stadium holds 90,000

the arena is opposite from the stadium;)

and yea rds did host smackdown. the capacity is 7,000 doh

im not saying they cant get crowds and i love wrestling but think they would struggle to get much more than that 7,000 in ireland

didnt realise they held summerslam 92 there for that i apologise. thought you meant the house shows where at the stadium. but i did say that they use these venues for PPVs. they would never fill croke or lansdown as some1 suggested(im not going back searching who said it).

it wopuld make WAY more sense to go across to the UK as 7,000 of us travelling would be easier than 16,000 of them travelling. its simple logistics dude. the demand aint here.

Why dont you just admitt you made a balls of it? First Wembley stadium never held a major wwe event. Now it has.

Next wwe cant attract bigger crowds in Ireland. I bring up the outside show at the rds which again you tried to be smart but other folk here attended and you were wrong again.

Its very doubtful any wwe ppv would take place outside US or Canada. Would they manage a big crowd if they did? I would say yes. They can sell 8,000 tickets up north, 20,000 tickets over a few days here. A flight over from the uk costs buttons so you could expect a fair number to travel over just like a good few here go to the uk for shows. It wont happen but selling tickets would not be an issue. ppv buys in the us during the day though might be the major problem here.

did you not read that i said yes smackdown was held in the RDS to a capacity of 7,000 at the VERY most(thats the capacity of the RDS. i dont know if it sold out)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

They should put on a show in Thomond Park, purely so I dont have to travel to Dublin for it :D i could walk to a WWE show

krudler wrote: »
    They should put on a show in Thomond Park, purely so I dont have to travel to Dublin for it :D i could walk to a WWE show

that would be pretty cool. more realistic than croke or lansdown but youd never get the dubs to travel here. there are planety of benmues that could hold a crowd of 14 or 15 thousand if we could get that kinda crowd.

to clarify i WOULD LOVE for WWE to have a tv event here. just wouldnt happen. wwe seems to be gone too childish latly since the PG rating

did you not read that i said yes smackdown was held in the RDS to a capacity of 7,000 at the VERY most(thats the capacity of the RDS. i dont know if it sold out)

Really. You do know that there is an outside arena at the rds that has an 18,500 capacity. Smackdown had a show there one summer.

Really. You do know that there is an outside arena at the rds that has an 18,500 capacity. Smackdown had a show there one summer.

was that before or after they increased the capacity for the leinster team to play there

I dont know but the pitch space was used for seating too. I think and if anyone can back me up there was 16,000(one of the lads i go to the wrestling with reckons it was a lot more?) . I dont think it sold out but was definitely the biggest crowd the wwe had here. I remember at the time they done 2 consecutive sold out nights at the point in April and made the announcement that they would have the big night at the rds in June (18th?) 2005.

Grandmaster might be able to shed some light on the crowd figures . If you remember at this time the old point was selling out wwe events in less than a couple of hours and they needed a bigger venue. To move it to a 7000 seater arena would have made no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I dont know but the pitch space was used for seating too. I think and if anyone can back me up there was 16,000(one of the lads i go to the wrestling with reckons it was a lot more?) . I dont think it sold out but was definitely the biggest crowd the wwe had here. I remember at the time they done 2 consecutive sold out nights at the point in April and made the announcement that they would have the big night at the rds in June (18th?) 2005.

Grandmaster might be able to shed some light on the crowd figures . If you remember at this time the old point was selling out wwe events in less than a couple of hours and they needed a bigger venue. To move it to a 7000 seater arena would have made no sense.

It was definitely held outside at the RDS. The exact same place as where Bon Jovi played when I seen them. I don't think it had sold out but if I remember correctly, they had seating on the ground, the Anglesea stand was open too and I'm not sure if they built some other seating too. They might have done. I was 4 rows from ringside with my seat right at the aisle. Torrie Wilson touched my hand as she walked past. All I could think about was could I somehow clone her from the DNA :)

But yeah, I don't think it was sold out but it was a good crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

There was 24,000 at the RDS show it was basically a sell out. It had four stands with seating on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

There was 24,000 at the RDS show it was basically a sell out. It had four stands with seating on the pitch.

not a chance! The RDS never had that capacity! especially not with aq ring and entrance ramp!

The stadium holds 18,000 for Leinster rugby games, and with 5/6,000 seats on the pitch it would be 24,000

I reckoned a fair bit lower(16,000ish) but some of my mates have gave me the 24,000 figure. 900 unsold tickets with a 24,000 crowd was the details given to me earlier but i doubted this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i think you are confusing the main hall with the arena, main hall holds about 6-7k

arena holds far more http://www.rds.ie/index.jsp?p=102&n=228

there was easily 20k there that night and it was overbooked, me and my friends (there was 10 of us) had no seats so we were forced to crouch down by the barrier all f**king night because people were in our seats with the same number tickets :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The stadium holds 18,000 for Leinster rugby games, and with 5/6,000 seats on the pitch it would be 24,000

id say you are overshooting it slightly, pretty sure the capacity wasnt up'd until after that show, and legally they wouldnt be allowed have 6,000 people on the pitch, with the ring and the rig and evrything else!

Legally? Where the hell did you get that from

The official crowd at the dublin event was 24,000. A simple email to the rds confirmed this rather than people "guessing" . Paul Legend was correct that the stadium was not updated but temporary seating was brought in from the uk for the event and constucted at 3 ends of the stadium. One of the stands was the old temporary stand from Celtic Park.

The crowd can be confirmed on wwe corporate pages too.......

There is footage of the event with the packed outdoor arena if you look for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The official crowd at the dublin event was 24,000. A simple email to the rds confirmed this rather than people "guessing" . Paul Legend was correct that the stadium was not updated but temporary seating was brought in from the uk for the event and constucted at 3 ends of the stadium. One of the stands was the old temporary stand from Celtic Park.

The crowd can be confirmed on wwe corporate pages too.......

There is footage of the event with the packed outdoor arena if you look for it.

To be fair the WWE claim there were over 93,000 people at Wrestlemania 3 when there werent, they always big up the numbers for their shows

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    To be fair the WWE claim there were over 93,000 people at Wrestlemania 3 when there werent, they always big up the numbers for their shows

lol thats the only bit i am worried about. I was at wm in Ford Field a few ago and they gave the crowd as 80,000+. I dont think that was very accurate....

Some interesting info to be found on crowd safety and traffic around the rds that night. There were many in Rossies position of double booking and the garda had big concerns about the numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

You'd think with a crowd like that they'd have put on a better show.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 BEBOKING

I was at that show at the RDS show and thought it was fantastic.Seeing Stone Cold stun Cena outta his boots for refusing to drink anymore beer and then picking him up to and handing him another can was one of the best things I have ever seen.I still laugh about it.And the ovation Stone Cold got was def the loudest pop I have ever heard.Incredible.

And there was definitely over 23000 there.The atmosphere was electric.

Just wish they would do away with this PG rubbish!!

Advertisement