Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VB.net database filtering

Options
  • 05-11-2009 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

Hello please let me just give u the background

Att1 - database table diagram

Att2 - Form1, all but Record No. are comboboxes with direct tables as their sources

fairly simple I want to filter the results in Form 1, from another form which will launch filtered form 1 or a query that will filter the results via the Account Rep No. its a 4 digit number that has its own table containing AccountRepID just a +1 identy int (see Att 3)

whats the easiest way to do it to get the filter done, I can do it via a button from the TableAdapters but I need it to be on a different form or query box etc.

Is a form of different user logo in from within the own database, if that clarifies any of it

j0e

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

bump for epic justice :P

anyone with even a link to making basic SQL databases and implementing basic database functions? in VB 2008?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DaveyByrne

Nasty stuff with all those VB objects... couldn't you just use stored procedures in SQL Server to do this using queries? Then you can return the results to your data structure in the front-end?

Advertisement