Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for New Puppy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Joyce she is a gorgeous girl! Whats she called?

My girl is a German Shepherd and is not 10 weeks until this Saturday! :eek:

My photos may be a bit deceiving because I think she looks smaller than your lovely lady!

B

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

Blogger50 wrote: »
    Joyce she is a gorgeous girl! Whats she called?

My girl is a German Shepherd and is not 10 weeks until this Saturday! :eek:

My photos may be a bit deceiving because I think she looks smaller than your lovely lady!

B

shes called Rosy:)
    and thats what i'm afraid off she's only 11 weeks and looks big,, her mother was a border collie but we've no idea what her dad is..I'm hoping she wont be tooooo big as we just lost our big dobbie of 12 years and i was hoping for something a bit smaller....oh well

Ah Rosy is a lovely name. So sorry about your Dobbie. I suppose its just wait and see really. My girl was one of the smallest of the litter, however her mother is a big girl. I knew I wanted a big dog though so I dont mind too much. Ask me that again in a couple of years though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

don't let her out of your site , especially if you live in Finglas..seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

joyce2009 wrote: »
    shes a beaut but it kind of scares me cos my new border collie x looks abit like your one and shes only 11 weeks old,,,ahhhh i hope mine wont grow to be that big

gorgeous little dog

• Advertisement

cojomo2 wrote: »
    don't let her out of your site , especially if you live in Finglas..seriously.

Hi Cojomo2

Is this advice for me or Joyce2009? Wont be letting my little one out of my sight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

Rogue is absolutley gorgeous Blogger50:D.......cant wait to get mine next year (stamps her foot impatiently;)!!).
    Here's to many happy years and intact shoes;)

Hi Again Guys,

Many thanks for all your help and lovely comments on our lovely lady. Just so you know the name Rogue never settled and she has been re-christened Finn! Thankfully she hadnt started responding to a name yet so dont worry we havent confused the wee thing!

Could I pick your brains again?

Anyway, all was well with her sleeping in the kitchen at night and from last Sunday to Friday night everything was fine. However on Saturday and Sunday night she didnt settle at all. She was howling away and sounded like she was re arranging the furniture even though the only thing on the ground at night is her bed and the dining table (which obviously she cant move :D). Of course when we went down she was sitting looking at us as we opened the door.

Now I know were not supposed to go down too many times as this will give her a bad habit but I was really worried that she was disturbing the neighbours (never mind other half who is out the door for 6am!) Imagine my horror when I saw the neighbours car this morning and thought she hadnt gone to work due to lack of sleep!! Anyway, I have checked with her and she heard nothing. I made her promise to let me know if she does so the neighbours arent an issue for now, thank god!

Im wondering if you might have any suggestions as to whats causing this all of a sudden(could it be the change in routine at weekends?) and any suggestions as to what we can do to address this.

Thanks for reading guys!
    B

Shameless Bump :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

I think (with hindsight) you ignore her. Don't on any account do what I did with the eldest when she started the same thing as an 8 week old pup who had been with us for 2 days. I felt sorry for her and put a blanket for her beside my bed. Two weeks later she was under the duvet. I now have 3 dogs sleeping in the bed and if I get another one I'll be forced to sleep on the floor :(. She's been happy on her own for a week and was fine. Try finding out which toy is her favourite and only let her have it at bedtime. Give it to her at bedtime, say "beddies now" then leave the room and ignore any howls.

• Advertisement
Advertisement