Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBOX DISPLAY PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

• 05-11-2009 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I have recently had my xbox 360 returned to me by microsoft following a display problem i was having but unfortunately the problem still exists.

When i try to play a game with display set to PAL 60 (necessary to play most games), the screen splits into three parts and flashes continuously. At first i thought that it must be a problem with the tv i'm using as i brought the console into gamestop to be tested and it worked perfectly on their tv. However i know the tv is ok because it is semi-modern and my friends ps3 works on it. The tv is a Sanyo CBP2180E. Having tried every bit of advice on the xbox website i am completely puzzled as to how i can fix this problem and would greatly appreciate it if somebody could help me.

Thanks,

Tim Connaughton.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

The only thing I can suggest is to try different cables. Perhaps the cable you are using to connect your Xbox to TV is faulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

timconny wrote: »
    Hi,

I have recently had my xbox 360 returned to me by microsoft following a display problem i was having but unfortunately the problem still exists.

When i try to play a game with display set to PAL 60 (necessary to play most games), the screen splits into three parts and flashes continuously. At first i thought that it must be a problem with the tv i'm using as i brought the console into gamestop to be tested and it worked perfectly on their tv. However i know the tv is ok because it is semi-modern and my friends ps3 works on it. The tv is a Sanyo CBP2180E. Having tried every bit of advice on the xbox website i am completely puzzled as to how i can fix this problem and would greatly appreciate it if somebody could help me.

Thanks,

Tim Connaughton.

Are you using 1080i? Are you using the composite leads, and are they all in the right place?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 timconny

no idea what they are to be honest! i'm using the standard cable that comes with an xbox 360. thanks for the replies

anybody else have any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Is it a flatscreen LCD or a CRT tube-telly? Some CRT-tube tellys only accept 50Hz.

Sometimes on my LCD, when I'm switching resolutions from 50 - 60 hz it can do the split thing but within seconds it's fixed. Are you waiting a few seconds?

If it'san LCD telly then I'm stumped cos they're all 60Hz compatible I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

If a friend has an Xbox 360 borrow his cables and try them out on yours!!

It worked with my cable when game stop tested it on their tv so it can't be the cable. Cheers Klington Hamlet that's the best advice i've heard so far. It's a CRT tube tv so maybe that's why it won't work. But then again my friends ps3 works perfectly on it!!! i'm completely stumped as to what else i can possibly do to make it work apart from just not using the tv

Ok i think i've finally got to the bottom of this. It seems that my tv is an old 50hz model so that's why i can't play pal 60 games. Strangely enough my friends ps3 works but i've just read that ps3 have scrapped pal 60 display so that explains it.

So where does this leave me? Is there such thing as a cable that would enable me to play pal 60 games on a 50hz television or will i just have to buy a new tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Isn't there a HDTV switch on the cable you flick if that happens?

I had that problem with a flat screen and then flicked the HDTV switch and it worked..

Dunno if you tried it but it might work.

Advertisement