Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baldoyle ind. Estate fire

Options
  • 05-11-2009 3:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Did anyone else hear/experiece the explosion from the printers that went on fire tonight in Baldoyle industrial estate? Im over in Seagrange and sleep with my window open and the explosion was still strong enough to slam my bedroom door and sucked the curtains out the window! Some ammount of smoke and embers in the air for at least an hour too. Think we'll be fabreezing the house for a while :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭highdef

Yeah, that was some explosion!! Still going now. There have been some evacuations from neighboring estates due to very thick toxic smoke blowing eastwards from the industrial estate

• Registered Users Posts: 7 thedoktor

http://twitpic.com/ob88g

Yeah I don't think it was any of the print companies as they are further down. My best guess is the Indian takeaway. I really hope there was no one inside it if it was.

Gotta go...running to the evac point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 missypoo

me thinks its defo the indian cos its near the end where the firemaen are,the curtain place and the fabric place are up a bit,think macfarlem group are next to Indian,nobody would be ther this time of night??god hope no one is injured,the smell is awful... the houses ,windows,cars are all smoked,black.The fireman up on the ladder is very courages,must be up 200 ft at least,sirens from ambulance goin off now as we speak,terrible!!

missypoo wrote: »
    me thinks its defo the indian cos its near the end where the firemaen are,the curtain place and the fabric place are up a bit,think macfarlem group are next to Indian,nobody would be ther this time of night??god hope no one is injured,the smell is awful... the houses ,windows,cars are all smoked,black.The fireman up on the ladder is very courages,must be up 200 ft at least,sirens from ambulance goin off now as we speak,terrible!!

pretty sure its the indian but could be wrong. Its right behind mcfarlems which is right behind my house. I took that pic.

It looks like it could be the Indian but I reckon it would be more than that as the Indian would not burn that long with that stregth and with that smoke for THAT long.....or would it?? Back home now and just doing a spot of fumigating before I attempt to get some sort of sleep before work. I shall be a smelly man in work!!

• Advertisement

Yeah the guys in those factories close to us work shifts. I really hope no one was in there as that was some bang. It even cracked a window in our house it shook us so hard! The burning unit could be part of mcfarlanes(unit 110). if not its unit 111 which is the Indian (food guru).

Jaysus, thats nasty stuff. No breakages over this way although my nice white car is covered in embers. I'll wash them in the morning. I hope they didn't damage my paintwork!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Jesus that muct have been a gas line or something from the descriptions! get those embers off your car.. They'll burn the lacquer at the least.
    Kinda reminds me of a gas explosion up the road from my school during the jc mocks. all the windows shook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Clbbe

Yes it was a printing Factory that Blew up last night! It was on the back of the end of the Abbey Park houses (no. 49) and the Start of the Seacliff houses. It happened shortly after 12.30am and there was at least one person inside at the time. Reports say that there was one individual injured and taken to hospital but it not yet known what his condition is. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Caroline62

Heard a strange shutter opening noise, then a vacumn inside the house nearly sucking out our windows then BOOM. I immediately looked out window and rang fire brigade that was at 12.39am and saw the flames shooting 10 feet above the factory roof and they are about 30 feet tall as they stand!! They cant go in to investigate the premises as the roof is made of abestos, way too dangerous. I thought that was made illegal in the 60's. Keep your windows shut as that stuff is lethal. It the back end of Manroland (Printing firm) building which I am told its an Indian take away. One guy critical injured in Beaumont.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

• Registered Users Posts: 8 foodguru

No The fire did not occur at foodguru premises. I happened in the shop next door and upstairs. Our equipment and gas fittings were intact. The guards are exploring what caused the explosion.

In the meanwhile we will continue serving the customers from our swords outlet. We sicerely regret the inconvenience.

Advertisement