Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Flying in Oz

Options
  • 05-11-2009 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Have had my fair share of internal flights around oz over the last 3 years with all the airlines and I have never come across a worst experience that this weekend flying down to Melbourne for the Cup festival....with Tigar Airlines.

1) Got a text at 6pm Friday night saying "Your flight has been cancelled due to tech issue. See airport staff tonight/tomorrow for options"
    I was due to fly at 9am Saturday to get down to Melbourne for the Darby race day...

That was it...only option, go to the airport and trying a get on another flight! With 4 of us flying, get got the last 3 seats on the 9:15 flight ... the 4th had to either fly at 12:50 or go with another airline...he had to buy a new flight.

2) No on-line checking ... had to start queuing at the airport 2 hours before the flight ... just about got to the check-in desk due to the queue in time for the flight.

Never ever flying with Tiger Airlines again. Shockin.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

But there so cheap, i was thinking of flying to Adelaide for a few days and it worked out at $79 dollars return, i mean you cant beat that:).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Iv heard so much bad crap abt that airline

but im sure ill use them anyway :P

Did u get a refund?

They're prob a scam airline to boost last minute sales for the others

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I stick to Virgin Blue. Never had any bother with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

Jonjo, if your not bothered about getting there for the time you booked the flight and you dont mind getting out to the airport 2 hours before a flights and queuing then go for it....

personally would rather pay the difference and go with a different airline.

As for the refund, my mate has to submit an application for a refund and wait 6 weeks to get it back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Norinoco wrote: »
    Jonjo, if your not bothered about getting there for the time you booked the flight and you dont mind getting out to the airport 2 hours before a flights and queuing then go for it....

personally would rather pay the difference and go with a different airline.

As for the refund, my mate has to submit an application for a refund and wait 6 weeks to get it back.

Aww yeah thats okay for me:D, im currently unemployed and enjoying a life of lesuire here in oz:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement