Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looks like Rangers FC could be in even more trouble [mod note: read post 1]

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

Hearing on Nov 12 same day as financial results, judgement day for RFC

:D, SFA brown brogue men will never let em go under but thats for another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

)

Well there you go then, it was obviously a group of West Ham fans who decided to go and watch Rangers rather than watch the match at the Boleyn ground.

More likely that it was Chelsea fans, rather than West Ham fans..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Hearing on Nov 12 same day as financial results, judgement day for RFC

The day that straw that will smash the camels back tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Ah once again certain elements of the Celtic support on this forum take great delight in talking about Rangers fans. Sometimes i think its a disease.
    Mind you, there are certain elements of people who NEVER stick their heads anywhere near a conversation about scottish football who feel qualified to speak about us.

Anyway, im not going to make any excuses about last night, as all i have to go on is the radio reports from last night which where posted in another thread.
    "From the pictures we are looking at, it looks like an elderly man has fallen into the area which the stewards are charged with keeping clear. A number of Rangers supporters who rushed forward to help him up were greeted by a large number of stewards who reacted with CS gas"

Personally, i cant help but feel that a situation like that is going to anger ANY crowd of people no matter what the situation.
    I've had run ins with security folk in Romania personally, to be honest they dont ask questions and have a habit of striking out rather quickly.

That aside though, there are no excuses for ripping seats out etc.
    Get the man out of the firing line and move away.
    The people who have been involved in anything other than this are idiots, and have once again brought the club under the spotlight, they are idiots.

I was surprised though when i saw some of the newspapers this morning though, you'd have thought Manchester Mk II had happened, or worse, the whole thing lasted a massive 3 minutes. Anyone who watches Italian football will see scenes like this on a weekly basis. Albeit with batons instead of CS gas.

Unfortunately for us Manchester has, probably rightly, put us under a magnifying glass and we will be punished heavily for last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

TBH Brewster I refuse to engage in a debate with someone who even refuses to acknowledge which team he actually supports, its not even funny anymore tbh why do you think Eirebear and Broxi and treated with more respect on here and are listened to and we can engage in an adult conversation with them :rolleyes:
    post of the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Eirebear wrote: »
    Unfortunately for us Manchester has, probably rightly, put us under a magnifying glass and we will be punished heavily for last night.

..and the crowd trouble during the Uefa Cup tie against Osasuna in Spain, and recent sectarian chanting.. both of which UEFA issues fined for.

..and the crowd trouble during the Uefa Cup tie against Osasuna in Spain, and recent sectarian chanting.. both of which UEFA issues fined for.
    Aye, carry on.

If you want to play a petty one upmanship game we can do it somewhere else ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

CountingCrows (used to be my favourite band by the way), i think we can both agree that Celtic sing their fair share of dodgy chants & that groups of their fans regularly don't cover themselves in glory, particularly in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

bobbysands81 Please send us details of racism and rioting that occurs at games in other European countries as they occur (or the next day) so that we will not be ignorant of it.

Bit of a slow update, thats the same stadium Pats had to play Steaua in behind closed doors.

Romania has some very nasty groups supporting the teams and club officials who are even worse :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The scenes make for grim viewing and I would imagine UEFA will come down hard on the club.

Aye, carry on.

If you want to play a petty one upmanship game we can do it somewhere else ok?

Who's playing one upmanship??
    These are facts. Same old story, deflect, blame everyone else..
    How many chances do you think you deserve? Put your hands up and take whatever punishment comes your way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Rangers fans are pigs, what else can you say about them....

Im surprised they are allowed travel to away games at all tbh.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    CountingCrows (used to be my favourite band by the way), i think we can both agree that Celtic sing their fair share of dodgy chants & that groups of their fans regularly don't cover themselves in glory, particularly in this country.

Agreed, but what have Celtic to do this this thread?

BTW "used to by my favourite band" -what happened! :)

• Advertisement

Who's playing one upmanship??
    These are facts. Same old story, deflect, blame everyone else..
    How many chances do you think you deserve? Put your hands up and take whatever punishment comes your way.

See thats the thing? Where in my post am i blaming anyone? In fact i think if you read it properly youll find that i said we were quite rightly under the spotlight, and make no excuses whatsoever.

Instead though, you see what you want to see and pile in with another couple of the examples.
    Now away and watch your own team play instead of commenting on someone elses.
    Rangers fans are pigs,

Well out of order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Not directly, but I feel it's nearly impossible to discuss this matter at hand (racist and violent Rangers fans) without point scoring.

I'm willing to bet that the overwhelming majority of people here agreeing with the OP (even the ones dropping by to admonish people for going off topic) are either Celtic supporters or hate Rangers.

A similar thing went on with a alleged racist incident at Shamrock Rovers and Bohs. Supporters of the club in question don't want to engage the debate because there is a thinly-veiled partisan motive behind it while anybody that hates Rangers can make hay unabated behind a po-faced façade of anti-racism.

The sad thing is that there is an issue to discuss but not when it's been hijacked by partisan motives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

BTW "used to by my favourite band" -what happened! :)

Twas more Celtic fans getting on high horses that was relevant to this thread.

Used to be until they got lazy, their last album is shiiiiiiiiiiite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

poindexter wrote: »
    post of the day

I couldn't but respond to this... Would this be post of the day on this thread, this forum or boards.ie as a whole?! Please enlighten me... Id be delighted to know!

I am afraid the dozen or so supporters in that video have dragged the clubs name through the mire again. Unfortunately, this footage is there for all to see and this is what the majority of the people will judge Rangers fans on.

Events like these will continue to occur till clubs realise the size of the travelling Rangers support and proper arrangements are put in place and enforced on day. There was no trouble in Stuttgart in Rangers previous CL game? Why was this you must ask yourself? Simple, the Rangers fans were admitted to ground in a courteous and friendly manner. It was a modern stadium and there were no issues. In one previous Rangers away game there was a similiar incident, this was Osasuna away. Why do you never see incidences like this in SPL home or away involving Rangers fans? It never happens at Ibrox? If Rangers fans behave in a manner that the majority of Celtic fans/or Rangers haters on this thread believe they do, why isn't there trouble at every game? This is where the myth that all Rangers fans are trouble makers ends. These events do no occur at Ibrox or other SPL grounds because the grounds are generally well policed and stewarded.

Unfortunately, the orgasnisation from Urinea was a shambles and the over zealous stewarding was a contributory factor to these scenes. It amazes me how so many people feel they are in a position to make a comment when they haven't experienced the stadium or the stewarding. I think the Pats fans are in a position to comment following their recent game in Stadium.

Unfortunately, people come on here anytime there is a negative story about Rangers and shoot from the hip without knowing the full circumstances. This is a sad reflection on Irish society and its down to me and other reasoned posters to point this out.

I was at Uefa Cup final in 2008 and I met hundreds of Rangers fans at the match obviously. I posted this before on this forum about the hospitality I received from the Rangers fans. Sure there was some good natured banter towards me, but not once did I receive a disparging remark because of my Irish accent or nationality. I got a new found respect for Rangers fans that night, learning of the sacrifices people had made to source tickets for game at hundreds and hundreds of pounds. This is why I get so annoyed when people come on and shoot at the hip. Id ask these people have they ever had a pint with a Rangers fan? You may find you have more in common than divides you. I experienced this and I am sure you would too..

Now does anyone think I should get a post of the day award!?!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Brewster wrote: »
    This is why I get so annoyed when people come on and shoot at the hip. Id ask these people have they ever had a pint with a Rangers fan?

I have as I work with loads of Rangers fans and played 5 a side with loads (including 1 guy who had UVF and RFC tattoed on his arm!), absolutely no problem with them. However, my wife and I were harassed by Rangers fans on the subway a few years after we came to Glasgow (when I unfortunately decided to travel from the West End on the day of a Rangers game at Ibrox) because of our Irish accents.

I have no problem with Rangers fans but I would rather not get involved during the match day games as the herd mentality kicks in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

This thread is the very reason i support neither Celtic or Rangers, nor any club where politics and religion seems to be debated far more than the actual football played on the pitch.

I have as I work with loads of Rangers fans and played 5 a side with loads (including 1 guy who had UVF and RFC tattoed on his arm!), absolutely no problem with them. However, my wife and I were harassed by Rangers fans on the subway a few years after we came to Glasgow (when I unfortunately decided to travel from the West End on the day of a Rangers game at Ibrox) because of our Irish accents.

I have no problem with Rangers fans but I would rather not get involved during the match day games as the herd mentality kicks in.

Well never met one with such a tatoo!! Might walk away from that one!

grenache wrote: »
    This thread is the very reason i support neither Celtic or Rangers, nor any club where politics and religion seems to be debated far more than the actual football played on the pitch.

Just as well you did not contribute to this thread as this thread is not about football played on the pitch :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Im a Hibernian fan who in sense has no real liking to any of the two sides if im honest. Dont hate them either but you get my drift.

Both sets of fans have there idiots (as do Hibs)

Been to Ibrox and Parkhead and if im being honest I do find Ibrox to be little more scary for the away supporter. maybe me being Irish I find if I speak in irish accent going Celtic game Celtic fans will think im Celtic supporter as I never wear Hibs jersey when I go to any two grounds.

I do think Rangers have be punished for there actions this time. I so feel sorry for the majority of Rangers fans who just want watch there beloved team and they have pay price but Scottish football is being tarnished because of theses supporters.

That UEFA cup final last year will tarnish Rangers for quite some time I think. Thats pity in many ways.

Have say Celtic do get a better press from there support and be fair most there fans are excellent behaviour away from home(which it should be of course)

By way I was supporting Rangers when in Europe most time. Dont want them win it but like see them get out group as I would Celtic each time

Just as well you did not contribute to this thread as this thread is not about football played on the pitch :cool:
    Exactly, and that therein is the problem. With the Old Firm clubs, its all too often not about the football.

Im a Hibernian fan who in sense has no real liking to any of the two sides if im honest. Dont hate them either but you get my drift.

Both sets of fans have there idiots (as do Hibs)

Been to Ibrox and Parkhead and if im being honest I do find Ibrox to be little more scary for the away supporter. maybe me being Irish I find if I speak in irish accent going Celtic game Celtic fans will think im Celtic supporter as I never wear Hibs jersey when I go to any two grounds.

I do think Rangers have be punished for there actions this time. I so feel sorry for the majority of Rangers fans who just want watch there beloved team and they have pay price but Scottish football is being tarnished because of theses supporters.

That UEFA cup final last year will tarnish Rangers for quite some time I think. Thats pity in many ways.

Have say Celtic do get a better press from there support and be fair most there fans are excellent behaviour away from home(which it should be of course)

By way I was supporting Rangers when in Europe most time. Dont want them win it but like see them get out group as I would Celtic each time

Makes sense Adrian, well made points....

grenache wrote: »
    Exactly, and that therein is the problem. With the Old Firm clubs, its all too often not about the football.

I think you have failed to read the thread title and maybe you also fail to understand rivalry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The scenes make for grim viewing and I would imagine UEFA will come down hard on the club.

Ok now im not sure if there are other Videos and im sure there was little more that got invloved but how many supporters there got involved?

I would say maybe 30? Max. that about 1% of people that were supposed to be in Rangers end.

I think this gets to point. Now dont get me wrong the club have be punished but think it just proves its always a minority that spoil it for the most people who go SUPPORT there team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Tbh that video reflects more badly on the Stewards, they don't spare the timber in Romania :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

This topic can be freely discussed, but make sure you are discussing it, and not the past behaviour of other users or I will be returning to this thread to remove people's access.

You all know better than to indulge in this petty crap, so sort yourselves out or I will
    TBH Brewster I refuse to engage in a debate with someone who even refuses to acknowledge which team he actually supports, its not even funny anymore tbh why do you think Eirebear and Broxi and treated with more respect on here and are listened to and we can engage in an adult conversation with them :rolleyes:
    From...

to...

So now are you admitting it did actually happen?
    bobbysands81 Please send us details of racism and rioting that occurs at games in other European countries as they occur (or the next day) so that we will not be ignorant of it.
    Brewster wrote: »
    I think this is a very good suggestion Fr Ted, however, I think Mr Sands would be a very busy boy if he was to report on every incidence of bad behaviour across Europe.
    stovelid wrote: »
    Are you a mod now?
    Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Whats the value of childish, cheap comments like the above? Its a cheap pop and adds nothing to the debate. No wonder there is a warning in this thread.
    BolBill wrote: »
    bobbysands81 is not really a mod kind of name to be fair.

Hey bobbysands81, have you the celtic jersey with 32 on the back with Tiocaidh ar la as the name ? If not, youre not really a fan.

In case anyone is wondering why I am banging my head against a brick wall, all of the above (bar me) are on two week bans.

• Advertisement

I think you have failed to read the thread title and maybe you also fail to understand rivalry
    and you fail to understand what i'm trying to say! I read the thread title ok, dont worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

romania is a horrible place for teams to go and play football. im not excusing rangers fans for the trouble they caused but in fairness to them any supporter of a team thats subjected to animal conditions is gona act like an animal!!! at the same time they are one of the worst clubs in the uk for football violence imo.

Justice done.

I'm in no way excusing the actions of the couple of morons throwing seats around, but at the very most there are 30 people involved there.
    And many of them stop as soon as the old guy is pulled out of the stewards.

Hopefully the police here can do something about catching the ones who kept going.

Its also a bit of a lucky escape for Rangers considering the trouble we have had in the past though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

Justice done.

I'm in no way excusing the actions of the couple of morons throwing seats around, but at the very most there are 30 people involved there.
    And many of them stop as soon as the old guy is pulled out of the stewards.

Hopefully the police here can do something about catching the ones who kept going.

Its also a bit of a lucky escape for Rangers considering the trouble we have had in the past though.
    how many times will they have the lucky escapes though? somethings gotta give and the people who cause the trouble really need to be eeked out

poindexter wrote: »
    how many times will they have the lucky escapes though? somethings gotta give and the people who cause the trouble really need to be eeked out

Couldnt agree more dude, we must be skating on extremely thin ice by this stage.

Thin ice? I thought is was broke today but it looks like UEFA do not want to add to Rangers financial woes.

Advertisement