Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish rail terms and conditions.... a missed train

• 05-11-2009 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

I booked online a Westport-Dublin ticket outward on 22 October, returning 2 November. I took the outward journey, but as the water is out in our house in Westport, I didn't journey home on 2 November. I will travel home tomorrow.

An cheist: Is the return portion of my ticket still valid? Or must I buy a new one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Yoda wrote: »
    I booked online a Westport-Dublin ticket outward on 22 October, returning 2 November. I took the outward journey, but as the water is out in our house in Westport, I didn't journey home on 2 November. I will travel home tomorrow.

An cheist: Is the return portion of my ticket still valid? Or must I buy a new one?

No it isn't valid as it isn't an open end ticket and such it's tied to the date and times shown. Having said that, the ticket checker may let you on with the ticket so you may be fine. I have traveled on a ticket a day out and was let onto a train. Just tell him some guy on the internet said he did it before and it was fine;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

I don't think so. You can take a train *on the day* other than that which you booked: "a customer may travel in standard class on another train that day as long as the journey is similar and the replacement train is not fully reserved"

But looking at the terms and conditions, there is a section about cancelling reservations - suggests that if you aren't travelling on a train you have booked, you ring up and cancel if you want a refund (post them the ticket back, and buy a new ticket for your revised journey). This would only have worked in your case if you have rung up the day you arrived home, as "Cancellation requests made after the outward day of travel cannot be facilitated".

Not so helpful for your situation I'm afraid, but the above info may be of use to people in the future. I didn't know myself about the option of cancelling reservations until I looked up the T&Cs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Hamndegger wrote: »
    Just tell him some guy on the internet said he did it before and it was fine;)
    *snort*
    Think I'll just buy me a new single for tomorrow morning for €15 + €2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Zoney wrote: »
    Not so helpful for your situation I'm afraid, but the above info may be of use to people in the future. I didn't know myself about the option of cancelling reservations until I looked up the T&Cs.
    Yes, in future that cancellation might be handy indeed. Thanks to both of you for your response.

Advertisement