Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm A Celebrity - Get Me Out Of Here 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Nice girl Sabrina, why did she insist on shouting in the wee diary room place tho'? She's probably one of those people who shout down the phone.She so fancies Stu!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

JP Liz wrote: »
    I'm A Celebrity's Joe Bugner has claimed his exit from the ITV reality show was fixed.

The boxing champion says that the producers came up with a task he would fail so his opponent Stuart Manning could continue his 'romance' with Sabrina Washington, reports The Sun.

Joe's departure from the programme came after he went head-to-head with Stuart in a challenge where he was required to read codes off jail cell bars with an ultra-violet torch.

The 59-year-old says he is certain this trial was devised because the programme-makers knew his failing eyesight meant that he had no chance of winning.

He told the paper: "I'm convinced it was a fix. In fact I know it. Do I think they wanted to keep Stuart because of his lovey-dovey friendship with Sabrina?

"Well, of course I do. It's obvious. It was rigged - absolutely."

However, ITV have insisted that the show is not fixed and a spokesperson said: "I can categorically tell you that Joe's eviction was not rigged."

But didn't he lose because he read the code numbers from the bottom up instead of from the top down.

Mind you I did hear him say something about the batteries in his torch, either not working or he couldn't find them.

I don't know, I wonder why he didn't make an issue of it when he had the chance, live on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭emick

Watching Jimmy White getting repeatedly dunked on Tuesday night was just sad to watch. Humiliation of a sporting legend. How broke can he be? Even Ant and Dec seemed embarrased by it. This show is past it sell by date. Lastly......watching Ant and Dec playing Nintendo Wii during adbreaks has turned me off Nintendo for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

emick wrote: »
    Watching Jimmy White getting repeatedly dunked on Tuesday night was just sad to watch. Humiliation of a sporting legend. How broke can he be?

Bet he's super glad he went down the 'hair transplant' route now rather than the cheaper toupee option. Otherwise he would have came up from one of those dunks like Duncan Goodhew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

emo!! wrote: »
    the show is only worth watching cause of ant and dec tbh!

Jaysus, they're the one reason why I don't like tuning in....two of the most annoying/unfunny people on TV, I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭emick

Considering all the kissing, crying and hugging thats going on between the three other blokes back at camp Jimmy was probably glad to be away doing a bushtucker trial!! How much more can he possibly take of those three?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Gino karaoking LOL :D

Gino to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

Jaysus, they're the one reason why I don't like tuning in....two of the most annoying/unfunny people on TV, I think!
    I totally agree. I hate that kind of "laugh now" humour. They are just not funny. I'm still addicted to this program though, will really miss it.

I think maybe Justin has a crush on Gino ;)

Gino still to win he is hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

awww no , they're great :D

so the bro-mance is over, poor gino will be lost without stu

still think he is going to win it, with kim a close second

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JimmyJoyce

JP Liz wrote: »
    I think maybe Justin has a crush on Gino ;)

Gino still to win he is hilarious

Like to see Jimmy win it but hope it's him or gino - glad the whinger justin is gone - amazed he didn't cry talking to ant & dec

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

emick wrote: »
    Watching Jimmy White getting repeatedly dunked on Tuesday night was just sad to watch. Humiliation of a sporting legend. How broke can he be? Even Ant and Dec seemed embarrased by it. This show is past it sell by date. Lastly......watching Ant and Dec playing Nintendo Wii during adbreaks has turned me off Nintendo for life.

Get a life. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

How is Jimmy still there? :eek:

I'm starting to worry that he'll somwhow win.

Gino to win!

Gino/Kim/Jimmy for the final

I hope Gino wins i think its between him and Kim

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Jimmy comes 3rd
    Not a great source, but I believe it.
    Winner
    Gino Wins

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Anyone know why the faces of Ant and Dec's watches are covered during the trials?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dalquist

twenty8 wrote: »
    Anyone know why the faces of Ant and Dec's watches are covered during the trials?

Thats interesting !!! Never noticed that. Is it to fool us that the trials only take the "five minutes" that we are told. Perhaps they stop and edit continuously. Though having said that.... viewers would have to have extraordinary eyesight to even cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

Woo Gino! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Not a patch on last years one...David Van Day,Timmy Mallett, and that Nicole wan etc, the bitching and back stabbing were legendary. Nothing like that at all this year, and it doesn't make great viewing.

twenty8 wrote: »

I don't think the celebrity's are allowed to know what time it is.

• Advertisement

I don't think the celebrity's are allowed to know what time it is.

They can get the time off the oven clock anyway .. no .. wait .. I'm thinking of ..

Sorry, carry on :o

Not long now.\0/

well done Gino

I'm so glad this stupid stupid show is over! Now I don't have to wait an hour after 'The X Factor' is finished for 'The Xtra Factor'!

D'Acampo 'charged with animal cruelty'
    Sunday, December 6 2009, 07:06 GMT
    By Catriona Wightman
    160x120_imaceleb_nov24_manning_cano.jpg

Gino D'Acampo and Stuart Manning have reportedly been charged with animal cruelty.

The News of the World claims that the I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! contestants were arrested after leaving the show because of an incident in which they killed and ate a rat.

The Australian RSPCA, which has previously suggested that it would investigate the rat's death, asked ITV to hand over all their footage of the killing, including that which wasn't shown on television.

Show sources have also claimed that the rat might have been a tame animal introduced to the camp by producers.

"There were rats used for the bushtucker trials and they were as tame as hamsters," a source said. "They were used to human contact and not afraid like wild ones who would run away. The killing made for dramatic TV. But it's likely the animal was one of the trial rats."

Meanwhile, D'Acampo, who was previously jailed for two years after stealing guitars from Paul Young's home, was reportedly worried that he wouldn't be able to leave the country.

"Gino was detained so long his family, including his two young boys, had to travel back to the hotel without him," a source claimed. "He has previous convictions and is terrified of getting into more trouble with the authorities. But police say now he is free to go home."

ITV confirmed that the pair are being investigated, saying in a statement: "Australian RSPCA are currently looking into an incident in which a rat was killed in the camp."

D'Acampo and Manning have allegedly been told to appear in court on February 3. If sentenced, they could face up to three years in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

:eek:

I always thought the show was toeing a fine line when it came to animal cruelty, but it sounds like it's more the producers' fault than Gino and Stuart's. They were just hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

Hi All,

Does anybody else find this a little ridiculous i.e. all this commotion about killing a rat??

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/Chef-Gino-DAcampo-In-Im-A-Celebrity-Get-Me-Out-Of-Here-Cooks-And-Eats-Rat-Row/Article/200912115493165?lpos=Showbiz_News_Second_Home_Page_Article_Teaser_Region_7&lid=ARTICLE_15493165_Chef_Gino_DAcampo_In_Im_A_Celebrity..._Get_Me_Out_Of_Here_Cooks_And_Eats_Rat_Row

Is it time animal activists found something a little bit more substantial to complain about ....

Whats your view.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

My view is that you should really learn how to shorten link titles.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

its probably a TV stunt tbh, but....

if it was real, who cares? Its humans nature to survive in whatever way they can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Animals are killed for food every day, no big deal.

Advertisement