Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm A Celebrity - Get Me Out Of Here 2009

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

if it was real, who cares?

The rats' mother.
    She's inconsolable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Fancy That wrote: »
    Does anybody else find this a little ridiculous i.e. all this commotion about killing a rat??

It seems to be a small subsection of ridiculousness in the more holistic, larger general ridiculousness of I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

Yes and i mean its a rat....i mean how can one defend the life of these animals.....me personally have yet to meet somebody who actually cares about the well being of a rat.....yuk.....:eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

Yes and i mean its a rat....i mean how can one defend the life of these animals.....me personally have yet to meet somebody who actually cares about the well being of a rat.....yuk.....:eek: :eek:

I suppose it's about as valid as caring for the life of a cow or dog or whatever.
    Apparently he broke the cruelty laws of whatever Austrailan state he was in ,so....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

It's a dog celebrity eat dog rat world

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Riddle101

OP you lost me at I'm Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here but meh. In all honesty if you're in the wilderness and need to survive then by all means go to town on whatever you can find and eat. Rats, Snails and other types of animals can all be eaten, so there really is no rule tbh. I'm sure a person in the military would agree that surivial is all about what you can find in the wilderness and use to your own benefit, so finding a rat and eating it to stay alive would be one of those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

Riddle101 wrote: »
    OP you lost me at I'm Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here but meh. In all honesty if you're in the wilderness and need to survive then by all means go to town on whatever you can find and eat. Rats, Snails and other types of animals can all be eaten, so there really is no rule tbh. I'm sure a person in the military would agree that surivial is all about what you can find in the wilderness and use to your own benefit, so finding a rat and eating it to stay alive would be one of those things.

I completely agree with you.

But why all this commotion from animal activists when clearly the amount of kangaroo's, crocs, emu's, bug's etc that were killed in the making of the programme didnt seem to knock any remark from them!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Hi All,

Does anybody else find this a little ridiculous i.e. all this commotion about killing a rat??

Is it time animal activists found something a little bit more substantial to complain about ....

Whats your view.....

My view is that this is the first I've heard about this, having seen the thread, and therefore I have a life!!! :)

The chances of that being a "rat" are about as equal to the chances of the participants being actual "celebs", rather than has-beens and wannabes and people who once shagged a cousin of a celeb.

Gutter TV....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

But why all this commotion from animal activists when clearly the amount of kangaroo's, crocs, emu's, bug's etc that were killed in the making of the programme didnt seem to knock any remark from them!!!

well personally i wouldn't be too fond of rat. but have you ever actually tasted kangeroo testicles ??? lovely ! tastes a bit like ferrero rocher ! i'd recommend them to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

have you ever actually tasted kangeroo testicles ???
    :eek: Not a hope!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

rats are vermin

IIRC this means they are entitled to no legal protection

shouldn't we not just sue the "I'm a celeb" producers on the basis there are no celebs on it, like I said above rats have no legal protection

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

I can't say I'm crystal clear on your point but nevermind. What I do like is the attention to punctuational detail from the crocodile world. Respect! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

Well done Gino,best man won in the end.Big future ahead methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

anyone watch the coming out show last night?

all partying no bickering no twat Price at the party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

JP Liz wrote: »
    anyone watch the coming out show last night?

all partying no bickering no twat Price at the party

Yeah was hilarious when Jordan walked away and everyone p!ssed themselves when she was after seeing Alex. 'Oh no, he'll get the money shot'

She's so removed from reality its hilarious!

Advertisement