Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swtiching iphone contracts.

• 05-11-2009 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hey guys.

I am running to the end of my 02 iphone 3G contract. I am wondering if anyone knows if meteor or vodaphone offer any good deals with 3G ETC?

Has anyone switched to these plans?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Cant comment on the various networks but Iv read O2 don't/wont unlock the iphone when your contact is up so you will need to jailbreak it to use it on another network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Yup, O2 won't unlock your iPhone, regardless of your contract status, while they still have the exclusivity deal in this country - due to end sometime in March 2010 apparently.

You can either wait it out and get it done legitimately (that is, if O2 oblige) or get it jailbroken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Samsung

I have it unlocked through Blackrain.. I will phone the other 3 networks to see who has the best deal, a friend informed me that O2 are the only company to use HSDPA. How do people find 3g on other networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

i have heard that the iphone should be on vodafone by decmeber/jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Isn't it next year for the iPhone on Vodafone? (as per their website / forum here)

All the other networks have HSDPA, it's coverage that varies.

Are you looking for billpay? I guess the main thing you're looking at is data bundles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Samsung

Random wrote: »
    Isn't it next year for the iPhone on Vodafone? (as per their website / forum here)

All the other networks have HSDPA, it's coverage that varies.

Are you looking for billpay? I guess the main thing you're looking at is data bundles.

Yea kinda.. I just think that 02 are ripping me off. I rang them and asked could they get my bill down and they said they couldn't. Like they didn't even make an effort. I said i would check out the other mobile operators and the lady on the phone said OK..

Advertisement