Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Moderators for Islam, who would you select?

• 05-11-2009 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭

Assalamu alaikum

Hobbes has decided to step back from modding this forum, The Admins thank him for all he has done to make this forum the success it has become. In addition to this news, the_new_mr has not been active since April and attempts to contact him have failed.

Therefore I have decided with your help to appoint 2 new moderators to the Islam forum. The purpose of this post is to solicit names from you guys as who you think would make a good moderator for your forum. Please use this thread to post the names of candidates you feel most suitable for the position. When there are enough candidates I will slim the list down and will post a poll of suitable candidates for you all to select from.

I will also posted a similar thread in the Moderators Forum. If a candidate is selected from this forum it will be at the discretion of the Admin team and the selection will not be subject to the above mentioned poll.

Ideally I would like to select one member of the Muslim faith and one non-Muslim to maintain a healthy balance here.

The following are tips to help you select the best candidate:
    • The ideal Mod should obviously have an interest or faith in and a knowledge of Islam
    • They should be a regular poster in the Islam Forum
    • They should be level headed and polite
    • They should have the best interests of the forum at heart
    • They should be a person that you all can respect

The following rules will apply:
    1. You cannot name yourself as a candidate
    2. Just because someone is popular, doesn't mean we will automatically pick them.
    3. Final selection will require the approval of the Admin team
    4. If no suitable candidate is found the Admin team reserves the right to choose someone completely different.

Thanks
    Asia (Admin)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I onlt write on here ocassionally but I do pop in and read often. I think Hiziban (sp?) would make a good mod for this forum. He seems quite knowledgeable and his posts are always reasonable and rational.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I'd suggest irishconvert and InFront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Like panda100, I only post here the odd time but I do read the forum regularly. I suggest hivizman, irishconvert or wes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

I'd recommend Wes, yes possibly In Front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Wes & InFront get my vote also :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Jakkass wrote: »
    I'd suggest irishconvert and InFront.

Seconded!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

wes wrote: »
    Seconded!

It's like a round of Eurovision Song Contest voting in here now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

I find WES to be level headed and polite,also he backs up his points in any forum i have read.

I dont generally read the Islam forum so My input may not be of use.however in other forums i find what i have said about him to be true.
    just My 2cents worth.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Assalamu alaikum

Thank you all for your participation.
    I contact all mentioned candidates.
    Due to the limited number of users that were available to accept the role it was not necessary to hold a vote.
    I am happy to say that irishconvert was available and has accepted the role.
    He will be supported in this by an old hand The Recliner.
    Asia

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement