Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea -v- Man United Match Thread [Mod Warning Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Valencia should have at least hit the target.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Two boyos on for United now. Hope it makes the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

typical united fans everyones fault but their teams, it was woofull marking, regeardless of what the ref does you still have to defend which you didn't and its one nil, ha ha ha!!!!

It wasn't a free kick full stop, drogba was interfering with play in an offside position, but yes, it was woefull defending. As for the ha ha ha, grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

****ing lazy so and so valencia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

wsa there a guy behind the Utd dugout brushing his teeth :eek:

Good oral hygiene > Soccer.:pac:

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    ****ing lazy so and so valencia

Valencia has been one of the best players on the pitch today. How often do you see Ashley Cole barely geting a touch?

Another wrong decision by the ref, didn't touch Lampard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Joe Cole really is a special footballer, gona be a huge boost to Chelsea once he gets back to full fitness.

Fenix wrote: »
    Valencia has been one of the best players on the pitch today. How often do you see Ashley Cole barely geting a touch?

did you nottice him not bursting a gut to get onside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

As sick as I am over the goal. Its been a fantastic performance from United, the better team undisputably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Oh Valencia could have got Red there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

valencia is so out of his depth imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

wsa there a guy behind the Utd dugout brushing his teeth :eek:

Trying like me to get the bad taste of poor ref decisions :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

typical united fans everyones fault but their teams, it was woofull marking, regeardless of what the ref does you still have to defend which you didn't and its one nil, ha ha ha!!!!

Yep, and Ferguson can't say anything about it because according to his thinking, it's a free kick. Yeah, Fletcher won the ball, but he went over the top as well. Just like Carragher's tackle on Carrick a few weeks back which Ferguson claimed to be peno!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Villain wrote: »
    Oh Valencia could have got Red there

Exactly. Man Utd are very lucky to still have 11 players.

5 minutes is very fair after Drogba's bout of epilepsy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

man utd to equalise 4 minutes into injury time with an own-goal

As sick as I am over the goal. Its been a fantastic performance from United, the better team undisputably.
    Without question. It will be sickening if we don't get an equaliser.

Headshot wrote: »
    did you nottice him not bursting a gut to get onside

Did you notice him the previous 87 minutes of the match ?

Fenix wrote: »
    Did you notice him the previous 87 minutes of the match ?

ffs

I thanked magics post regarding valenica, cant i criticise him for one instant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,465 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Again, should have been a free against Lampard. Ref not gonna give anything that could damage Chelsea. Bet he doesn't add on any time for Alex coming on either.

• Advertisement

why didnt Rooney take that corner

FFS, that's two sh1t corners in a row.

wheres the 30 secs for the sub ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ref not adding any extra time for the substitution.

Oh well, better team lost. Such is life.

I hope fergie destroys that ref

biggest homer iv seen in a big 4 game for a long time

Utter sickness. We played the better football over the 90 mins and come out losing due in no small part to the ref's ineptitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Thats football guys... thats all it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,465 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wow. it must have only taken 2 seconds for the Alex substitution.

Ref 1 - 0 United.

United can be proud of their performance, ref was never going to give them a chance of winning today. Don't know why, but thats how it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

United fans giving out about added time haha.

GET IN THERE! WE ARE THE FAMOUS CFC! YEEEES

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

robbed:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Disappointing.

But I'm still quite happy with the performance United showed with a second choice CB pairing (I thought Brown and Evans were excellent).

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

Well deserved by Chelsea.

3 losses for united already this season. Many more and the league is curtains I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Johner wrote: »

I know.......
    The irony is amazing:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Gah result for us. Chelsea go 5 points clear, now without a doubt the title favorites. Up to Arsenal and United to catch up to them. On the plus side, I thought we played well. Midfield did very well. Fletcher and Anderson played a stormer I thought. Evans was also very good, marshalled the defence well. Although somebody ****ed up with Terry for the free.

Ref obviously very annoying. Didn't give the penalty. Gave the free kick when Fletcher clearly got the ball. Quite a few more other decisions that he just wouldn't give anything but Chelsea's way. Nonetheless, you make your own luck and Chelsea stuck in there and got the result with some solid defending, which is what you've to do in these games. United slipped up defensively and it's cost us the points and put us on the back foot, which is very disappointing.

Good performance though from United, and quite a good game too I thought.

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    . An average performance will put away and average side

:D:D^^^^:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Im quite happy with our performance despite the result.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

pretty unlucky for utd, was hoping for a draw but not to be. Utd were much more impressive with this midfield than with the one they brought to Anfield. Much more competitive. Never really put Chelsea under enough pressure at the back though and didn't make enough of the chances that did fall to them. Still, deserved the point.

Personally didn't think there was that much wrong with the goal, it was 50/50 and could easily been give offside and/or not a free. But fletcher went over the ball for the free and Drogba didn't touch the ball into the net. Even if he had he was almost level so I'd say it was ok or at least too close to be given off. Then again if it was against my team I wouldn't see it the same way I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The better team always wins unless its a draw, you can have all the pocession and dominate all you want but the better team is the one that scores the goals. Although at least UTD played a lot better than the pool game.

Ref had a nightmare though UTD could have had 2 before half time with the Ronney offisde and Terry pulling Valencia down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Ref not adding any extra time for the substitution.

If a substitution is made in injury time I thought it is not added on.
    Very disappointed with United in the final third of the pitch. Midfield was very good today and deserved better from the game. Very poor reffing but we should really have scored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Johner wrote: »

And biased refereeing. LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Congratulations to Chelsea. I think Man U were hard done by. They deserved to get a point of it. Extremely fast and furious game. The pace of it didn't let up for 90 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Was hoping for a nil all draw but at least were still 2nd in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Good win for the ref . . Ridiculous . .

Have to laugh . . Similar at Liverpool, yet the next time united get any decision in any game usual ABU's will moan that we always get the decisions.

Ref gave a free for nothing which led to the goal where Drogba molested Brown down . .

Terry shoulda given a peno away against Valencia.

Rooney wasnt offside in first half when through on goal .

Ref gives drogba frees for diving .

Ref stops game when theres no head injury (two chelski players bang into each other) and then when there is a head injury (to giggs) waits till united clear their lines .

I could go on but he couldnt of done much more to give chelski anymore of a hand . .

United were the superior team and didnt deserve that treatment .

Villain wrote: »
    The better team always wins unless its a draw

Incorrect. The national side are proof of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I think Ferguson is getting a taste of backlash from all his referee slagging.

I won't post my feelings on the match, I'd seem like a troll. Suffice to say that today was the opposite of the Liverpool game in that the better team lost today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Not interested in blaming the referee to be honest. United get more than their fair share of decisions in their favour over the course of a season. Indeed they can count thelselves lucky not to have been reduced to ten men in all fairness. I'm heartened by their showing today. The midfield three did really well and I think thats the way to go in big games against teams that played 3 in midfield. Disappointed to get nothing when they deserved at least the draw.

Thought Fletcher was excellent, hes vital for United against the better teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

My stream was pretty bad but from what I saw there didn't look like there was much between the two teams. I think a draw would have been a fair result. The crossing from Man U wasn't up to scratch at all.

United can be proud of their performance, ref was never going to give them a chance of winning today. Don't know why, but thats how it is.

Are you serious? Johnny Evans kicked Cantona's Drogba right in the stomach and then kicked Carvalho and stayed on the pitch. I thought at one point Fletcher was going to kill Joe Cole the way he was steaming after him but and Joe had to even put his hands up to defend himslef and Valencia could have been sent off for the tackle on Lamps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I still think it's Arsenal's after todays preformance from Chelsea. No complaints though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement