Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Castleconnell

Options
  • 05-11-2009 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭

Starting this here for now, and will move to Limerick County later.

Anyone else having trouble with broadband in Castleconnell? Over the last 3-4 weeks, it has been really bad in the evenings. I'm getting between 10k and 30k per second which is attrocious. I had to wait about 3 minutes last night for a 90 second youtube video to fully load before I could play it straight through.

Its fine in the mornings (300-320k), so its not my configuration.

I'm with Eircom, and was recently contacted by someone using BT who is having the same issue. Looks like the exchange is being hammered.

Any solutions or alternatives? Or do we just have to suck it up and put it down to high contention ratio?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Have you logged into your router to see if there are any rouge IP address's stealing your bandwith.

I found one of my neighbours stealing my broadband recently. :mad:

Im with Digiweb but I am switching to Vodafone in a few weeks. Cheaper and higher speed connection with a lower contention ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks Berty, never thought of that.
    Just checked and I'm the only connection. I'll keep an eye on it though.
    Interesting that I'm getting 80-100k at the moment, which is faster than usual.

Advertisement