Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAD course

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Daragh86

And was just wondering does anybody know anything about this course?
    Would it be worth doing?

I've done the FAS AutoCAD course. Not sure which one your looking at or where but I did mine in Finglas in North Dublin and it was well worth my time. I had no engineering experience or any draughting experience - just higher level technicial graphics from leaving cert.

The course covers 2D and 3D and at the end of it covered a very very small bit of Revit. To be honest I found the pace of the course extremely slow, I would be sitting in the class for days with nothing to do - mainly because there are people in the course who are either absolute idiots or some were forced to do it and didn't want to be there. Although having said that the majority of people there were there for the right reasons.

I think the course took a total of 6 months (could have done it in 2/3) and at the end of it you get City & Guilds certificates in 2D & 3D AutoCAD. Towards the end of the course you have to find work experience for a month - this works out well because most companies keep you on after the month. I'm two and a half years finished the course and working in the same company I did work experience in and I've gone up through the grades and working as a CAD manager now so obviously the course is pretty decent.

Although since you have done engineering in college I presume you've used AutoCAD before and you will probably find the course an absolute bore for a long time but I'd definately recommend it over sitting in front of the TV.

If I can help with anything else give me a shout.

Advertisement