Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im new to all this!

Options
  • 05-11-2009 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

Hey, i have recently opened an account with blacknight and this morning i received my email to say my .ie domain was verified and accepted. How long do i need to wait now before i can try uploading my website? Sorry if its a stupid question, this is my first time doing this! :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Did you order hosting as well?

Ordinarily the IE domains get activated at 10am , 12, 5pm and 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

yeah i ordered hosting too. tried to use FTP software to upload but just keeps saying it cant connect so thought that site wasnt ready yet. When i am asked for username and password in FTP software is that just my username and password i use to access control panel in blacknight? sorry again!!

oh and how do i know domain has been activated and ready to go....will i get an email?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    When i am asked for username and password in FTP software is that just my username and password i use to access control panel in blacknight? sorry again!!
    No. Log into your site, and goto Webspace (on the left menu bar), then click on "WebSite Configuration". Once there, you'll see a "FTP Configuration" box, where you set the username and password.

=-=

Oh, and you'll have to tick some box that links the domain with your webspace. Forget which button I clicked for that. Think you goto "Domain Overview" then "Domain Administration", then go into your site, and it was some option there that linked it to the space I bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Thanks for that, i changed my password. I take it then in my FTP software the FTP host is just ftp.mysite.ie ?

Can i load up website just through Dreamweaver alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, i changed my password. I take it then in my FTP software the FTP host is just ftp.mysite.ie ?

Can i load up website just through Dreamweaver alone?
    No. It's the FTP that is listed there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 AtaStrumf

I had the exact same problem.

Blacknight you need to make this easier. Set up the domain so that it's functional and include the control panel username and password and FTP connection info (Server address, user name and password) and e-mail setup info in the welcome e-mail. You'd save a lot of users, a lot of time and hassle if you just did this one simple thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭bibbly

I agree,,

your FTP details should be emailed to you..
    along with any other relevent details..

also i am consistantly having issues uploading websites to newly registered domain.. i deactived my virus software and that helped. but now i have the same problem with another .ie domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you are having issues uploading please contact our support team with details

Advertisement