Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to connect surround sound to sky?

• 05-11-2009 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm not the best when it comes to connecting tvs and surround sound. Basically I have:

-5.1 DVD player and its speakers/subwoofer.
    -Sky Box
    -TV

What do i connect to what so that my sky is putting out 5.1 surround sound aswell as the dvd player, I suspect its a combination of scarts but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Does your sky box have an optical out and does your surround sound have a optical in? If so get an optical cable connect the two, change setting on sky box to optical out and away you go. Bear in mind that 5.1 is limited on sky but your surround sound might have some sort of processing built in to change stereo to pseudo surround sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Yes ss has optical in but sky does not. The TV does though so should that do the job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Use the audio outs from the sky box to audio in on the ss (if it has one!). You need a stereo interconnect cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Can you tell us what type of surround sound system you have and exactly which sky box (i.e. is it sky+ or normal digibox) and we should be able to tell you exactly what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

I am getting Samsung HT-TZ225 (in shipment at the mo) and I have Sky+ box. The TV is 42" LG with pretty much every connection/output including optical.

So all I need really is an optical cable?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Sorry to butt in on the thread, but i'm looking to do the same at the moment. I need an optical cable to do the job, anybody know the cheapest place to get one?

Advertisement