Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rolling back Windows 7 installation

• 05-11-2009 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

I need to install the N version of Windows 7 and it won't let me "upgrade". When I was installing I remember there was something saying I could revert Windows 7. Otherwise if I couldn't activate it in 30 days, I'd be pretty ****ed wouldn't I?

But I can't find the option for it anywhere

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There's no rollback mechanism if you're not upgrading. You can't upgrade from Windows XP, it must be a clean install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

seamus wrote: »
    There's no rollback mechanism if you're not upgrading. You can't upgrade from Windows XP, it must be a clean install.

I upgraded from Vista. I used the wrong version of Windows 7, one I didn't have a legal key for so it'll eventually expire. I eventually got the correct version so I'm looking to roll back and do the installation. It amazes me there seems to be no mechanism to do this. Once you start installing Windows 7 you're stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭homer911

Boot from the installation DVD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

homer911 wrote: »
    Boot from the installation DVD

For Vista or 7? I got a digital copy of 7, will it work fine if I burn it? How do I make it bootable?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Sandvich wrote: »
    For Vista or 7? I got a digital copy of 7, will it work fine if I burn it? How do I make it bootable?

If you've got an ISO image on the installation media, you can use either the likes of Nero (if you've got a copy) or the Windows 7 Disc Image Burner (right click on your ISO file and it should be available as an option with which to open the file). (Disclaimer: I'm using Win7 Pro and Disc Image Burner may not be in other versions).

• Advertisement
Advertisement