Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirena removal?

Options
  • 05-11-2009 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Didn't want to take over the implanon thread so I thought I'd start my own!

Was just wondering has anyone had their mirena removed and how do you go about getting it removed?
    Not overly worried about how long it'll take my cycle to get back "normal" just want to know about getting it out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krrh

I had mine removed about five years ago as i was having a few problems with it.

I just went to my local gp who removed it. Sorry if TMI but they just pull it out and then you just get this almighty period pain afterwards but nothing that a couple of painkillers wont fix.

My cycle came back to normal very quick but within 2 months i was pregnant again so i would just be careful if you do get it removed.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eyeofthetiger

Thanks a million krrh!

Doesn't sound as bad as I was imagining..didn't think GP would be able to do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sorry to raise an old thread but my coil is due to come out this month. I originally had it put in while in hospital. Will I get a call back to have it removed or do I need to make my own arrangements? I have 0 pain threshold so not looking forward to this

Advertisement