Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Heating

• 05-11-2009 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all

am planning to move into a detatched bungalow that has oil heating - just wondering if anyone would have any clue on how much it would generally cost for oil for the year, roughly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

moved to general DIY, might be some people better placed to answer your question here:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 eveo

Stoner wrote: »
    moved to general DIY, might be some people better placed to answer your question here:)

thank you, wasnt too sure where to post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Depends on many factors:

1. Size of dwelling (volume of space to be heated).

2. Standard of insulation.

3. Exposure- sheltered site or windswept hilltop/ coastal location!

4. Level of comfort required and occupancy- house occupied during the day or not.

At the very least you could probably budget on using a minimum of 1600 litres per annum for a minimum level of comfort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

It does depend on all the above factors, but if you are out all day and very careful with your usage, you can use as little as 1000 litres. From experience, I would think that most people would use a bit less than 2000 litres.
    Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

500 Litres Does me. 3 bed semi. I would prob only use it from late Oct to March though. 500 L would prob set you back around 290 euro???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 hilda781

Well, my heating oil costs have soared from over 100 euros more than this time last year. I have a three bedroom house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

well heating oil is approx 12% up on this time last year a lot to do with the
    small qty people are ordering transport factors etc spoke to a local delivery guy
    recently told me he done 4 drops that morning 900 eu collected 1000 litre deliveries 2 in 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

my detached bungalow was swallowing Eur1,800 plus of oil per year, since got a stove

Advertisement