Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch Recommendations

Options
  • 05-11-2009 2:00pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Working in longford means at lunch i eat the samy shyte every day. normally a roll or something lighter from centra/hertriges.

any recommendations for a nice place to go for lunch that is affordable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭davehey79

Carrs / Aubergine or Cool beans are my lunch rotation eateries oh and douglas and kaldi the odd time. not too expensive in any of them and some nice food

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

As I said elsewhere on the forum, Carrs do an excellent pub lunch. The daily specials cost in the region €10-€10.50 but if that's too expensive there are also cheaper options available on the menu.

Personally, I love their roast beef and spaghetti bolagnaise dishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

the gallery cafe in supervalu shopping centre is a good spot. easy parking too. can recommend the chicken ceaser salad.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Jac O Bite across from Tesco is good.... always have to fight the urge to the cakes though!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Keen2win

Nothin wrong with a Chicken Fillet roll in hertriches

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Keen2win wrote: »
    Nothin wrong with a Chicken Fillet roll in hertriches

you're obviously a student.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Keen2win

Obvisioly:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

Torc does lovely food. The bombay panini is savage and tea for one is enough for three people!Try the lemon and white chocolate bun..........;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mosstown

we were in Torc end of October, it was packed Bank Hol Saturday afternoon, great hot chocs and smoothies, pricey but happy to pay for good quality.
    will go there again at Xmas on our next break back home to Longford from London.

Advertisement