Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Clubs with VIP areas.

Options
  • 05-11-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭

Hi gang, am hoping for advice.

I need to find a club in Dublin that I can book a small section for 15 or 20 30-somethings. I have approached Dandelion and Krystle, but I really don't know these places.

Just want a spot that the group can get away from the shoulder-to-shoulder stuff, somewhere not full of 18 year olds or playing 80's hits. :)

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

you can reserve sections of the rear area of Dicey's Garden. alot of after work crowd during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Dickerty wrote: »
    Hi gang, am hoping for advice.

I need to find a club in Dublin that I can book a small section for 15 or 20 30-somethings. I have approached Dandelion and Krystle, but I really don't know these places.

Just want a spot that the group can get away from the shoulder-to-shoulder stuff, somewhere not full of 18 year olds or playing 80's hits. :)

Thanks...

Most Dublin clubs with VIP areas are in the Dublin forum I find.

Also - VIP area? No. A reserved area is what you're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If I ever turn up at a pub that has 'reserved' an area or seats (unless it's a function room), I make it my business never to return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Moved to Dubilin Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

City Bar as well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Most Dublin clubs with VIP areas are in the Dublin forum I find.

Also - VIP area? No. A reserved area is what you're looking for.

Fair point, not sure what they would call it. But wanted to get it away from the throngs.

Thanks, will check the Dublin forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Jay D wrote: »
    City Bar as well...

Isn't that, well, a bit rubbish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

You should try get the Suite area in Krystle. It won't be for you only but it is not packed by any means.

If you can't get a reserved area and still want to feel better than the other plebeian punters, maybe gatecrash an exiting VIP or reserved area? Shout something like Don't you know who I am? The weatherman on TV3!

Might do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

That new place in Swords, Wrights, seems to have nothing but VIP areas.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Yup Wrights has a VIP area, I think the numbers are limited to 30 so it might suit ya. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Why not just go to a quiet pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

jdivision wrote: »
    Why not just go to a quiet pub?

How will you know a pub is going to be quiet?

And surely if it is guaranteed to be quiet it means it's a rubbish place to drink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cricket1990

Wrights in Swords is a lovely place, all ages, but they do seem to stay on seperate floors! Although it is a good bit out of town. I had my 18th in D2 on Harcourt street, they have a small area at the back of the main bar, that was kept reserved and also did table service up until 11 pm, also have a great smoking area. Other than that, I'd say Krystle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Wrights in Swords is a lovely place, all ages, but they do seem to stay on seperate floors! Although it is a good bit out of town. I had my 18th in D2 on Harcourt street, they have a small area at the back of the main bar, that was kept reserved and also did table service up until 11 pm, also have a great smoking area. Other than that, I'd say Krystle!

The Wright Venue is a ****hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I would not go to Krystle. It's a pile of sh!te. €15 in, then a ridiculous amount of money for drinks there, the vibe is crap i.e. people don't seem to want to mess their hair or spoil their shoes. :rolleyes:

What about Ron Blacks? They're having special drinks promos on now. Not sure if you can reserve areas though. Oh or Buck Whalley's? Best fun ever in there a few weeks back. I think you can book upstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

stovelid wrote: »
    If I ever turn up at a pub that has 'reserved' an area or seats (unless it's a function room), I make it my business never to return.

I'd say they're devastated.

"Oh no, we've lost stovelid's precious business, lets just shut the doors now, the dream is over".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Dickerty wrote: »
    Isn't that, well, a bit rubbish?

By ponsey opinionated people's standards perhaps. Anywhere is what you make it with the exceptions of a couple of course. I don't go there myself but do know they allow reservations for groups as a person has requested information for here. Now go play with the traffic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Twenty Ones do I think, wouldn't recommend it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

Larianne wrote: »
    I would not go to Krystle. It's a pile of sh!te. €15 in, then a ridiculous amount of money for drinks there, the vibe is crap i.e. people don't seem to want to mess their hair or spoil their shoes. :rolleyes:

What about Ron Blacks? They're having special drinks promos on now. Not sure if you can reserve areas though. Oh or Buck Whalley's? Best fun ever in there a few weeks back. I think you can book upstairs.

Isnt bucks 15euro in too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

In Bucks 3 weeks ago and only charge a fiver for upstairs.

Peter

Rb wrote: »
    I'd say they're devastated.

They probably don't know. I was very discreet.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Relevant wrote: »
    Isnt bucks 15euro in too?
    Peadar06 wrote: »
    In Bucks 3 weeks ago and only charge a fiver for upstairs.

Peter

Yeah, I think I only paid a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

koHd wrote: »
    How will you know a pub is going to be quiet?

And surely if it is guaranteed to be quiet it means it's a rubbish place to drink?

You're going there with your mates, you create your own atmosphere

Advertisement