Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I burn Dual Layer DVD's on my laptop?

• 05-11-2009 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Just not sure on this and want to know before i buy any 8.5GB discs. In system info it says: NAME: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T10N.

Not sure if you can tell simply from that. Googled the driver name but couldn't find anything

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

gnolan wrote: »
    Just not sure on this and want to know before i buy any 8.5GB discs. In system info it says: NAME: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T10N.

Not sure if you can tell simply from that. Googled the driver name but couldn't find anything
    Wow freaky, I Googled your problem and came straigt back to his thread.

According to the other "non freaky" results, it looks like you can burn Dual Layer - Link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

cpu-dude wrote: »
    Wow freaky, I Googled your problem and came straigt back to his thread.

According to the other "non freaky" results, it looks like you can burn Dual Layer - Link.

On closer inspection, however, that appears to be the GSA-440B

EDIT: Also, i don't appear to be able to buy blank dvds on amazon, anyone know why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

gnolan wrote: »
    On closer inspection, however, that appears to be the GSA-440B

EDIT: Also, i don't appear to be able to buy blank dvds on amazon, anyone know why?
    My bad, I copied the wrong link. Can't find the other one now but I'm sure it's a Dual Layer drive.

EDIT: Woo 1000th post :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Nero info tool is a handy utility which will list all formats your drive supports :)

Nick

Advertisement