Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 Tournament - Limerick

Options
  • 05-11-2009 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey guys!

I'm currently considering setting up a weekly FIFA 10 tournament in Limerick. I've secured a free location, with two big projectors, a 42" HD plasma TV and have 3 xboxes.

I'm planning on the format being straight knockout, pending on the numbers involved and charging €5 a head with the winner taking most of the pot.

I'm just curious as to whether any of you guys would be interested, and also if you could suggest a day and time to hold it (<--- biggest issue)

Peace :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Would be very interested! Also know at least three or four others who would be interested but times could catch people out. Thursday or Friday evenings wouldn't be the best for me as there is the chance that I'd be working while two of the lads would be.

Also, when you get all the details, send me a PM - news post on the cards...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MikeHartLane

Hey Sabre. Basically the time and day is the only real issue, it's hard to suit everybody. I have about 10 people who I know will definitely come.

Friday evenings are off limits for me as I play indoor soccer, I'm thinking tentatively of Wednesdays at around 8?

Yep, would suit me and others!

🤪

Any more on this? Let's FIFA 10!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭GO'S

would there be an age barrier?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I'd love to do it but play indoor soccer on wednesdays.... i know of a couple people that would come with me.. maybe raise price to a 10er, and make it group instead of knockout... that way you get more than one chance not all based in one game, and gives good chance to make some money!

Also, forgot to ask.. whereabouts in limerick is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Podginho

if this does go ahead how would one sign up for it? and are there rules as regards chosen teams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Moved to PES/FIFA forum. You'll get a better response here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

just to let yee know there is already a very well run fifa tournement in killaloe every thursday night. theres 5 hd screens and a projection screen. 5 euro entry. managed to win it myself and baged myself €90 sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 DeleMu

Hey man def be interested. U mite wanna ask lads for an xboxlive gamer tags so u can get it out there i know a few who will be very interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I'm in

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    just to let yee know there is already a very well run fifa tournement in killaloe every thursday night. theres 5 hd screens and a projection screen. 5 euro entry. managed to win it myself and baged myself €90 sweet.

Any more info on this one as well?

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

8 o'clock tonite and every thursday night in jd's music and sports bar ballina. theres an xbox and playstation competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

I'd play if it was midweek in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I would play but only on weekends. I know a few who would join me (2 or 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MikeHartLane

Hey guys. Sorry about the lack of response, I wasn't getting an e-mail's telling me about posts in the thread. D'oh!

fifa10b.jpg

This is happening on Tuesday (the 24th), kicking off at 8pm so please try to be there early for registration. €5 entry and winner takes all. There's no age limit because it's not a pub and no alcohol will be served or anything. :)

Format is currently planned for straight knock-out but this can be up for debate on the night! Team selecton is also up for debate but for the moment, pick who you like (with the exception of France!! :mad: :mad:)

The location is Frontier X on Cruises Street.

map.jpg

Hope to see you all there! :)

Mike

Advertisement