Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How difficult is it to find a leak on a roof?

• 05-11-2009 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

I have a dormer bungalow and noticed in the corner of the hallway (high ceiling with wood feature) some damp(not a big spot).
    I thought it might be the lead flashing or a tile near that source on the outside. A reputable guy who was involved in the building of the house called and looked at it and said that THAT particular area was fine. He says it could be coming further up on the roof and will go up on the roof on Saturday to check same. Of course, with the gradient on the roof, it could quite easily start further up...never thought of that!

What should this guy be looking out for when on the roof? I presume it is going to be difficult enough to find:(. He reassures me that he will find it and I have faith in him.

If RoofPete sees this post, I would appreciate his comments. Thanks.

PS house is about 10/11 years old.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

suitseir wrote: »
    If RoofPete sees this post, I would appreciate his comments.
    Its been a while since you posted or visited this forum so ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

And? your point being?:)

muffler wrote: »
    Its been a while since you posted or visited this forum so ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

suitseir wrote: »
    And? your point being?:)
    I havent seen him post in this forum for at least a couple of years.

Advertisement