Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanging Curtain Poles on Drylining

Options
  • 05-11-2009 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

I am getting to the stage of putting up curtain poles in our new build :)

as we have drylined the external walls i am wondering what the best type of wall plug/screw combination would be. the drylining is 60mm thick (including the plasterboard). it was fixed to the concrete block using the dab method so there's probably a few more mm before i'd reach the concrete block. I have used fittings before that "clamp" on to the back of the plasterboard but i don't think these are the most secure and i'm not sure they'd work anyway because the gap between the plasterboard and the block probably isn't big enough to let them open out.

are there any products out there that people would recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭3dsteel

You'll get special rawl plugs at any DIY store which self drill into the slab. I find the metal ones are better than the plastic ones! See link below:

http://www.rawlplug.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=89&Itemid=34

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

about to do the same job myself tonight. never use the ones supplied with the curtain poles. they are absolutely useless.

the ones mention by 3dsteel are good you dont even need a drill.

there are heavier duty ones.

depending on the weight of the curtains of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

thanks for the feedback. are those plug heave duty enough for heavy curtains? i have this fear of them falling down without attaching something to the concrete block

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

There is countless screw types for this job. The most famous are the branded one's I used the driva screws for hanging rads.

If you are worried about weight fix a batton to the wall. Paint it the same colour as the wall you will notice as it will bug you but no one else will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

Ive used these form that kind of job, and found them great

http://www.scfsupplies.co.uk/plasterboard-spring-toggles-c148.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement