Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SQL Server 2005 Replication - fitlers

Options
  • 05-11-2009 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I don't think I can do what I want to do but I'll ask anyway.

I have a table, but I would only like to replicate rows to another server where particular criteria are met. They way I was going to do this was to add a filter on the article.

Something like....'where colA > 1000' (This is hugely simplified so I can explain it!)

The reason I need to do something like this is that the software on replicated database (website) can't be changed at the moment to filter particular records. Also, the data is sensitive.

The problem is that the values in ColA regularly change so the number of rows that satisfy the filter criteria can change.

Am I right in thinking that SQL server won't 'replicate' the new rows that suddenly satisfy the filter ?

Thanks

Using transactional replication. Snapshot replication is not suitable as it is a huge database feeding a public website.

Comments

Advertisement