Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

360 Asking for a Software Update

Options
  • 05-11-2009 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys - as the title says, my 360 is refusing to run a game, unless I apply the software update which is on the disc. Normally I wouldnt really question this, but the drive is a Hitachi with iExtreme 1.51 firmware flashed. Will this update cause any issues for me?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

if you're not connected to Live you should be fine. I never heard of anyone getting ban through update from a disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

just remove your hd and it wont ask to update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I dont use Live at all guys. Im more concerned that the updated 360's software will cause some issues between itself and the flashed drive...but by the sounds of it then I should be cool to update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

EnterNow wrote: »
    I dont use Live at all guys. Im more concerned that the updated 360's software will cause some issues between itself and the flashed drive...but by the sounds of it then I should be cool to update?

It'll be ok, nothing to worry about with disc updates!

Advertisement