Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BHS Lunging

Options
  • 05-11-2009 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I am doing my BHS Exams and in th stage two you have a lunge a horse.. I cant remember all the rules about things NOT to do.. How do you hold the whip t prevent the lash being on the ground when it is behind you? Has anone taken these exams and failes this section and why? any hep is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Whoever is helping you prepare for your exams must know the standard list of rules. I presume its 'Lunging for Exercise'
    Lash only off the ground when you leading a horse.

Most failures are for what BHS regard as Dangerous and thats where knowing what they want is so important as what you would do under normal working conditions might fail you.

I would advise talking to someone who is preparing people for exams on a regular basis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

The only thing I know about what is needed is, to stay in the sams spot, don't walk around with the horse (I tend to do that), hold the lunge reign as you would your horse's reign and keep the lunge whip near the horse's hindquarters....

And I don't even know if that's right! Take a look in the handbook perhaps?

Advertisement