Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

baby will not leave my side

Options
  • 05-11-2009 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

hiya
    i have a small problem with my 20 month old - shes fine when i leave her in creche or with my mam or the baby sitter etc (which is not very often) any way when we are out at a playground or a fun zone - she will not leave my side - all the other kids are running around playing and she is sitting beside me - i tried bringing her over to say the ball pit and leaving her and going back to my seat but sure enough shes straight be hind me

any one got any tips for me. its for her sake aswell as my own :), any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Could be that she is happy just to be close to you when she can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭PullOutMethod

Hi Jeni,
    Am father to 27 month old and 1 yr old princesses.
    A different perspective - cherish the time with your daughter while you can.
    Your daughter is still very young.
    These clingy dependent times are fleeting and will be gone before you know it.
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

That is kind of sweet really. Kids go through all kinds of crazy stages. they grow out of them fast. You will be amazed at how fast she might eventually leave your side to go and play etc. Then you might miss this dependancy a bit.

Enjoy it as a positive at the moment and make the most of it. There will come a time when you will probably be searching for her in the 'fun zone' whilst she goes mad exploring places on her own. That is when you will want to be by her side all the time;).

It's a learning process for both parent and child.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

awww i never thought of it like that - thanks guys

i was just worried for her - i am a very shy person and it has hindered me - i just didnt want that for her

but

today we were at a christening all day - she was so good and so funny and playful with the people around us, but kept me in her eye line the whole time - i was so proud of her

i know now and should have all along - that i should just let her be her - the only person i can change is myself (oooh thats very deep init);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

jeni wrote: »
    awww i never thought of it like that - thanks guys

i was just worried for her - i am a very shy person and it has hindered me - i just didnt want that for her

but

today we were at a christening all day - she was so good and so funny and playful with the people around us, but kept me in her eye line the whole time - i was so proud of her

i know now and should have all along - that i should just let her be her - the only person i can change is myself (oooh thats very deep init);)

It is indeed. Sure before you know it she will be off by herself having fun with her new found friends always in the knowledge that 'Mam' will be there for her. That is the sign of a good parent. I.e. the child is confident and sociable because she knows that 'Mam' is watching over her.

Bottom line is your a good parent. Congrats on that and take pride in it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement