Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Mobile Bill

• 05-11-2009 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Just to get this off my chest..... sorry for this rant but any suggestions would be very welcomed.

I have been with Meteor for about 5 yrs now on bill. In July I swapped banks and I now have a new account. I notified Meteor of this change in July as my bill is payed by direct debit monthly. I also filled out a new direct debit mandate form and sent it in to them. Meteor for some reason went in to the old account with no funds 2 months in a row, and as a result they weren't paid. So i manually paid. In October they went into the wrong account again, weren't paid, and cut my service without notice. I rang their credit control dept to pay by visa, but I was told they couldn't turn my service on until after the weekend, ( i was callling on Friday afternoon). I didn't make this payment on thhis basis. I requested a senior member of staff contact me. I sent several emails and phone requests and still haven't heard from a supervisor or manager. I have no service, and i'm still being billed €60 a month. I got the latest bill today. On reciept of it I called their credit control dept and spoke to a lady who couldn't understand me and asked me to repeat everything i said to her. I asked could i freeze the bill until i payed it, as it is now €369. and i can't afford to pay it all at once, she asked why I dont keep on top of my bills. She informed me I needed to pay it all up front and there was nothing else she could do, again I asked to speak to a manager and she asked was her information not good enough?
    I'm getting nowhere with these. Any suggestions? I Know it's long winded, Sorry for the rant, but i'm fuming.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This might be better suited to the Mobiles/PDA's forum where you'll find people who know more about the network operators MO's..so I'll move it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

There's a forum on the meteor website. Put it up there maybe and force them to reply. Try it during business hours though as posts only go up then...i do know they moved to a new billing system recently and it hasn't been the smoothest. They're saying I'm now overdue despite the fact that they have already taken the money out of my account...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

very, very disorganised these days. got 2 bills in the space of a week. hoping i'd slip through the cracks for a while but apparently not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 willywonty

not quite the same problem but im having serious issues with meteor bill pay lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Try posting on their own forum (you will find it at meteor.ie) - they seem to be really good at getting issues sorted over there!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Staff Sergeant

Thanks for the input guys. I signed up to the meteor forum yesterday afternoon, just waiting to be accepted by meteor now and to activate the account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

Thanks for the input guys. I signed up to the meteor forum yesterday afternoon, just waiting to be accepted by meteor now and to activate the account.

You will be waiting a while im waiting since last week and no email. Tried resending the validation email and still haven't got it. Then I emailed support and have got nothing after 3 days!

Yeah i'm not expecting to hear from them in the near future, i'm still waiting.

• Advertisement

got up and running on their forum, and got a phonecall from them within a couple of hours. Problem just about resolved now.

Recommend joining Meteor forum if you have problems with Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

No - I really meant it.

Looks like the OP has had a good experience with them too......

Advertisement