Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Bill

Options
  • 05-11-2009 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Just to get this off my chest..... sorry for this rant but any suggestions would be very welcomed.

I have been with Meteor for about 5 yrs now on bill. In July I swapped banks and I now have a new account. I notified Meteor of this change in July as my bill is payed by direct debit monthly. I also filled out a new direct debit mandate form and sent it in to them. Meteor for some reason went in to the old account with no funds 2 months in a row, and as a result they weren't paid. So i manually paid. In October they went into the wrong account again, weren't paid, and cut my service without notice. I rang their credit control dept to pay by visa, but I was told they couldn't turn my service on until after the weekend, ( i was callling on Friday afternoon). I didn't make this payment on thhis basis. I requested a senior member of staff contact me. I sent several emails and phone requests and still haven't heard from a supervisor or manager. I have no service, and i'm still being billed €60 a month. I got the latest bill today. On reciept of it I called their credit control dept and spoke to a lady who couldn't understand me and asked me to repeat everything i said to her. I asked could i freeze the bill until i payed it, as it is now €369. and i can't afford to pay it all at once, she asked why I dont keep on top of my bills. She informed me I needed to pay it all up front and there was nothing else she could do, again I asked to speak to a manager and she asked was her information not good enough?
    I'm getting nowhere with these. Any suggestions? I Know it's long winded, Sorry for the rant, but i'm fuming.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Moved to Consumer Issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

If I were you I would post your issue over on their customer forum to see can the mods there get the ball rolling faster. They seem to be having ongoing issues with billing and payments since an "upgrade" was done sometime mid-summer. How they expect customer to put up with it is anyone's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Staff Sergeant

cheers for the tip, i'll do that

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Trish21

I have had a similar problem with meteor lately. I have been with Meteor for the last 4-5 years as well. Never had any problems until the last few months. I have had numerous problems over the last few months geting charged for sending meteor to meteor text messages when im free meteor talk and text. There was other problems too. The main problem was at start of October I recieved a bill for 42euro when it came to be deducted from my account 77 euro was taken. The direct debit was taken out on 15th October. I preceded to ring them once if not twice every day for the next two weeks. Every representative told me credit control would get back to me really soon. I would constantly ask to speak to manager or supervisor but the usual answer was they were otherwise occupied. I was getting so frustrated from hearing the usual answer that somebody would get back to me, I lost the plot on Sat 31st and finally a few minutes after I rang a manager in Meteor got back to me. I got refunded the amount I was overcharged. The whole debactle has really made me think from switching from meteor all together to another network.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I had problems with them recently too, my husband had been with them since they first started and bills since they first introduced billing, paying on time every time. At the start of this year as with most people we had some money issues and 1 bill was returned unpaid. I cant remember the details of what happened but due to not only ridiculous internet charges when we did use the internet (2 yr old got hold of the phone most likely) and with financial troubles we were cut off without even noticing that the bill had been unpaid. We were both on the same bill with no house phone and myself trying to connect with important clients it was a nightmare. After numerous calls we finally got things settled, paid ona Friday an were reconnected by 9pm that evening. We made complaints with regards to the treatment, as above being asked why did we not keep up with our bills etc, obvioulsy we had a very good record with the company and 1 bill was due to finanical trouble another due to over €120 of internet charges they offered us credit to the account. In the end we had over €100 credit applied, and a sincere apology.

I hope yours works out as well as ours did, however shortly after my husband changed to o2 and I will follow as soon as the contract on my number is up, due to poor reception in my home.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies.
    I have since bought a Tesco sim card, 089. I was recomended to Tesco by someone who works their. Because I was recommended by a staff member, every time I top up by €10 I get €20 free credit for the next year. I'm only using the one €10 euro top up a week, so saving some money there.
    If you have any friends or family working for Tescos you should look into it. Each Tesco staff member can only recommend one person each.
    Thanks again for the replies. It nearly looks as if Meteor have too many customers for the amount of staff they have employed.

I posted my problem on the Meteor forum, Meteor website. And the issue is almost resolved now.

Recommend posting Meteor problems on their forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Staff Sergeant Thanks for coming back to let us know and thanks for the tip.

dudara

Advertisement