Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increased Burglaries in Artane/Beaumont Area's

Options
  • 05-11-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All, just a quick note to anyone in the Beaumont/Artane to stay extra alert. There has been 3 burglaries on my road in the past 7 days and I know there have been a number of burglaries in the surrounding estates recently. I came home on Tuesday evening last at 7:30 to hear the burglars upstairs making there getaway onto the kitchen extension roof.
    I think these guys are just walking up and down roads checking out houses randomly and knocking on doors to see who's home. So keep an eye out folks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Keego27 wrote: »
    Hi All, just a quick note to anyone in the Beaumont/Artane to stay extra alert. There has been 3 burglaries on my road in the past 7 days and I know there have been a number of burglaries in the surrounding estates recently. I came home on Tuesday evening last at 7:30 to hear the burglars upstairs making there getaway onto the kitchen extension roof.
    I think these guys are just walking up and down roads checking out houses randomly and knocking on doors to see who's home. So keep an eye out folks!

Thought I saw some people casing on my road alright, two lads walking down the road and a woman in a green nissan micra with learner plates driving and stopping every few meters, talking to the lads. Looked like right scumbags as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Yep, my mam lives in Ardmore/Montrose estate and on Saturday alone there were 6 break-ins on the one road. This is bullsh*t. Where are the Gardai? I'm kept awake all night in Crumlin by the Garda hellicopter flying around doing nothing, why not send it over there for a few hours to maybe do something useful?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

You'll probably find a couple of scumbags have just gotten out of jail and are going on a spree to buy drugs.
    Report everything suspicious to the cops..the chances are they have a good idea who these dirtbuckets are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

I live in Donaghmede and some knacker young one came around last week looking for sponsorship for a Coolock kids disco. It was p!ssing rain and very windy and the sponsorship card was an amateur effort. I rang Coolock guards immediately and they said it was a ploy for the burglars to see was anyone at home

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Keego27

The Gardai are absolutely rubbish I have to say. I called to report my burglary the other night at 7:45pm and they came at 10:30pm. I called 3 times within that period and was told that they were busy and they would be up immediately.
    Since the burglary, I am watching everything on the road, (getting a bit paranoid lol) Last night at about 8:30pm I noticed 2 young guys about 19-20 yr olds walking up and down the rd, looked well dodgy, they got picked up by a car and then about 20 mins later I noticed the same car dropping them off again in the same spot. I called Clontarf Garda station and couldn't even get an answer, it just rang out.
    I am absolutely fuming over the Gardai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dublinman12

We were burgled in the summer in Mount Argus, Harolds Cross...Buffet burgling....that area was hit every night....very rented area...anyway it was during the night...Car taken, Laptop,Digital Camera, Console etc..Mind you we had no alarm and absolutely no lock on the door...they got in through the front door....a month later i was still paranoid and was up at 2 am watching TV....and a junkie burglar tries to get in the back door!...we were very close to Sundrive park and had helicopters over head every night...anyway im living in a decent area now and have a dog,alarm and lock the inner doors every night....

The dirtbirds who are doing this are either on bail, have just got out of jail (6 months early!) or are well known to the guards and have 30 previous convictions....we know who these people are, theyre only dirty scrotes....but the law system in this country doesnt seem to see burglary as a serious crime.....if i ever see one the last thing he'l see is a baseball bat...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

The dirtbirds who are doing this are either on bail, have just got out of jail (6 months early!) or are well known to the guards and have 30 previous convictions....we know who these people are, theyre only dirty scrotes....but the law system in this country doesnt seem to see burglary as a serious crime.....if i ever see one the last thing he'l see is a baseball bat...

Sure doesn't the jail system have to make room for the poor people who can't afford to pay their mortgages and credit cards now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dublinman12

see the problem is this...all you hear on the radio is Nama this ,Lisbon that...oh and Keith Barrys Grandfather gave burglaries a small bit of media coverage......there is so much scum roaming the city streets out of their faces..begging at luas stops....and now robbing houses out of their face...they go to court..and get a suspended sentence due to being from a "deprived background"....did you ever hear of a burglar scumbag from Dalkey?....
    until they stick a knife in someone they're left to roam the streets ...with people as u said in jail taking up space for not paying mortgage arrears....the lads in government are cutting everything...what about a stand alone 10 euro a month out of everyones wages into a fund to build that new jail or to pay for some guards or some training..id have no problem paying that....idiots in government..idiots...

Advertisement