Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different measures taken by states n response to the global recession

• 05-11-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,
    Basically I've an assignment to 'compare and evaluate measures taken by states in response to the global recession' and I'm completely lost! Anyone with pointers and especially sources to do with this topic help would be much appreciated!
    Thinking of using the U.S, Australia, Germany, the U.K and Ireland as my states.
    Thank you,
    stressed student!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Eh, there really is an absurd abundance of information out there on the different measures taken by States on this issue. I'm not really sure why you'd need help finding stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Toad-Girl

I need academic sources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

There are shed-loads of books and articles that have been published in the last 9 months (and a lot more coming out) on this crisis and what 'caused' it. Look at the IMF's WEO for a sample of measures taken by individual countries; the article IV consultations should have quite a lot of stats contained within them for each country in question. One interesting section for your paper would be the reactions of central banks around the world: time lines of policies implemented; contrasting the credit easing and quantitative easing approaches; et cetera...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Eh, the Governments/Central banks announce these measures, they're not reported in Academic journals. You can cite newspapers/official press releases/statements published by central banks and whatever.

Advertisement