Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some short ones

Options
  • 05-11-2009 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

Thank God

"How did the school go today? a mother asked her little boy.

"Fine", the little fellow replied. "We had a new teacher and she wanted to know if I had any brothers and I told her I was an only child".

"What did she say?" his mother asked.

"The teacher said, "Thank goodness"

Mirror art

Visiting the modern art museum, a lady turned to an attendant standing nearby.

"This," she said, "I suppose, is one of those hideous representations you call modern art?"

"No, madam," replied the attendant. "That one’s called a mirror."

Troubled times

Girl: "When we get married, I want to share all your worries, troubles, and lighten your burden."

Boy: "It is very kind of you, darling, but I do not have any worries or troubles."

Girl: "Well that is because we are not yet married."

Husband cured

A woman was complaining to the neighbour that her husband always came home late, no matter how she tried to stop him.

"Take my advice," said the neighbour, "and do what I did. Once my husband came home at three o’clock in the morning, and from my bed I called out:

"Is that you, Jim?" And that cured him.

"Cured him!" asked the woman, "but how?"

The neighbour said, "You see, his name is Bill."

Car care

A husband, the owner of a new car, was somewhat reluctant to allow his wife to drive his prize possession`even to the Supermarket which was a few blocks from the house.

After she insisted, he finally relented, cautioning her as she departed, "Remember, if you have an accident, the newspaper will print your age!"

Red Indians

A little old lady was driving the wrong way down a one-way street and was stopped by a cop. "Didn’t you see the arrows?" he asked.

"Arrows? I didn’t even see the Red Indians," she said.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

I think the "Troubled time's" one is great.

Advertisement