Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: UTV Contract

Options
  • 05-11-2009 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Looking for some advice on the following matter.
    I'm with UTV internet (Phone & Broadband) for over Four years. I now want to cancel to change provider. I have emailed customer service stating this and thus have giving the 30 days notice required.
    I have since gotten a reply saying that if I cancel I will be liable for "Early Termination Fees".
    The only reason I can think of why they are saying I'm breaking contract Is a change in my broadband package at the start of this year.
    I can't find anything in the T & C on the UTV Website.
    Any help will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They may well be right. Often, a change to a package can be taken as a renewal of a contract, thus starting the whole contract term thing again.

Verbally moving to a new package can constitute acceptance of a contract, but they should have explained this to you.

Ring them up and why they consider you to be in contract. Look for detailed T&Cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

dudara wrote: »
    They may well be right. Often, a change to a package can be taken as a renewal of a contract, thus starting the whole contract term thing again.

Verbally moving to a new package can constitute acceptance of a contract, but they should have explained this to you.

Ring them up and why they consider you to be in contract. Look for detailed T&Cs.

Yeah you were right dudara.
    The changing of a package is considered a new contract. They told me if I cancel I will have to pay phone line rental €25 for the next 4 months and pay a once off €29.99 exit fee to cancel broadband.
    I will stay with them on the phone until Feb and cancel the broadband A.S.A.P.
    There is always a catch which they do not fully explain.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

UTV are odd when it comes to canceling, doesn't matter if you've finished your contract they will still charge you a 30e fee when you cancel or migrate your service.

This is outlined on their website and T&C's, see my thread on the broadband forum about it
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055730742

Advertisement