Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just for fun (but...)

• 05-11-2009 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

http://www.newworldphotos.net/blog/archives/1558/

Just for fun for now, but I'm considering offering this to customers: a 3x3 storyboard grid of their kid making goofy faces. Opinions on the back of a postcard, please, to our regular address.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
    4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
    7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I've seen a 5x5 version of infant photography in a friend's house but I can't remember the photographer's name. They were a mix of goofy and cute shots...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Get it printed and framed perfectly, and it's a rockin' idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Reminds me slightly one Beatles album cover ;)
    But it is the idea and bringing the idea to life what counts. Good thinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Me likey! I think the gap between the photos and what background you use will be very important though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Nice one - I've done this once or twice and it works a treat. As Sinead says, it's very important to get the background and the divides right. From a business point of view, it's a great product to offer as it's pretty easy to produce and you can charge a relatively high price as it's out of the ordinary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Excellent idea! I really like these. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Yes, its a great idea. I'd go for some more variety in the expressions though, although it also looks better if the framing of each individual shot is as identical as possible so I don't know how easy that would be.

And obviously, some crying shots aswell. Little babbies with tears brimming up in their eyes. Awwww !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I tried it out with a client yesterday, and caught a smile breaking out:

http://www.newworldphotos.net/blog/archives/1582/

Opinions?

Fenster wrote: »
    I tried it out with a client yesterday, and caught a smile breaking out:

http://www.newworldphotos.net/blog/archives/1582/

Opinions?

Ha, that's fantastic. Although what age is the kid ? I'd be tempted to say that it's either a smile breaking out, or a poo :D

She's just gone seven months. :)

• Advertisement

Ha, that's fantastic. Although what age is the kid ? I'd be tempted to say that it's either a smile breaking out, or a poo :D

Actually, I have some hilarious photos of a kid in "the progression of a poo" phases, but I'll only post 1 of them... the most important one obviously!

3734617903_02ca02b3e7.jpg

TMI!

heh. I'll raise you a bunch ... this is my kid at about the 2 or 3 month mark I think ...

2291300134_0a1d356e0c_m.jpg

2290501911_d911477baa_m.jpg

2290501499_cfedc6e6b6_m.jpg

But enough of this (cute) foolishness, we're de-railing fensters' thread.

Actually reminds me. The photographs of that kid stemmed from a "You must take good photos cos you've got a good camera" conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

I think its a great idea..As said the 5x5 or 3x3 will work well.. Given me ideas for myself to give it a try..

Advertisement