Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question about SIM card/memory card?

• 05-11-2009 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have a question regarding my phone and a SIM card of another country's network, so it'd be great if someone could help me with this.

I have a Motorola phone (it says W375 on the back of it, if relevant), and I use the O2 network. When I was overseas for the summer, I acquired the SIM card of the local network so the phonecalls within the locality would be cheaper for me, but then it wouldn't work in my phone, the phone wouldn't let me use it. I then borrowed a local mobile phone off someone there, so that I was able to use that SIM card... so that was all fine.

Now that I am back in Ireland, though, if I don't use my overseas SIM card again some time soon, the network over there will erase my number/"forget" about me/whatever they do. As I go to this particular locality (my home-country) every summer, I would really like to keep this number for further use, if at all possible. So my question is: what do I do now/ how do I make that SIM card work in my phone/ any other ideas??

Thanx in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

You need a sim free phone to use your Overseas sim card, i think the reason the card didn't work in your ph bcause it's not sim free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 misnomer

easily sorted.
    just contact customer care, i think you mentioned o2. Ask for the network unlock code from customer care this will allow you to use any sim card in the phone.
    they'll ask you for the imei, to get this just press *#06# on the phone and it will appear on screen, otherwise just take out the battery and its written on the back of the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

Thanx, guys. Yes, I'll talk to O2 now, Misnomer, now I feel I should've thought of that all by myself! D'oh :D

Advertisement