Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official LC REPEATERS thread

Options
  • 05-11-2009 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

I thought a thread for LC repeaters would be good, so we can avoid the immature younguns!
    J/K

Hows everyone else getting on? 2 months in now though only 7 more left!
    Im hating it!

Do you go in everyday?
    Its fairly boring!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

:)

I kinda sorta hate repeating,for a variety of reasons.
    I'm bored all the time. Literally all the time. I knew it'd be boring,but this is utterly ridiculous....
    I've gone in every day,personally,although in a repeat class of 36 I'm the only one to have done so. I'm a nerd like that.

What do you all want to do next year? And what subjects did you drop or pick up this year? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Omg! It's sooo boring. I don't really go in more than 3 days a week but I do study everyday if I'm not in school.
    I dropped maths thank god! History is such a bitch this year...new case studies and new american history and I can't use my project from last year.
    I've more free class than actual classes so it's pretty pointless to go in everyday.
    Anyone repeating English??

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mirror Image

Sophsxxx wrote: »
    History is such a bitch this year...new case studies and new american history and I can't use my project from last year.

I have to agree. Have so much work to do. Last years case studies were definitely easier. I have a great teacher this year who gives us an essay and a test every week. Doing way more work than last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I'm not finding it that boring, the new English course is keeping me busy and I've moved up from ordinary chemistry to higher level so I have to put a good bit of work into that.

I'm back repeating because I missed so many days, thanks to my useless body choosing a really inconvenient year to get sick! So I'm dragging myself to that school everyday.

Thursdays are kind of awful for me though; I've got five free classes, because some genius decided it would be a great idea to have a study period, careers, LCVP and religion all on the same day! If I didn't have double chemistry on I wouldn't bother going in at all...

I'm repeating English,it's the only one of my courses that has changed. I'm glad of it,though,I love English. I got an A1 in it last year,so I'm hoping for that again :)
    I have four studies on Wednesday,which is weird because I'm repeating every subject. It seems so silly putting all those classes together,maybe it's the way it had to be done though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

I dropped English this year and Im as happy as when I decided to drop to OL Irish. Such a relief!

Are ye repeating in the same school?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Duffman'05

I finally bit the bullet and went back to 6th year; had my first day in the Institute today!

I'm keeping honours English, French, Biology, Economics and Chemistry (that one is just for matriculation though). Dropped honours Irish and Religion - took up Business and Ag Science. Have to do ordinary Maths and Irish by myself but that should be grand.

Repeating sucks but going to the Institute late in the year knowing virtually no one sucks even more:(

Going for med - seems like everyone else in there is aswell!!:eek:

Duffman'05 wrote: »
    I finally bit the bullet and went back to 6th year; had my first day in the Institute today!

I'm keeping honours English, French, Biology, Economics and Chemistry (that one is just for matriculation though). Dropped honours Irish and Religion - took up Business and Ag Science. Have to do ordinary Maths and Irish by myself but that should be grand.

Repeating sucks but going to the Institute late in the year knowing virtually no one sucks even more:(

You from Dublin? Cant be that bad so. Most people there are sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Duffman'05 wrote: »

Shall see you in there no doubt considering your doing 5 of my subjects:p Ya'll be grand in no time. Just bop along to lunch with someone and talk to peps on after school study:rolleyes:

I have to agree. Have so much work to do. Last years case studies were definitely easier. I have a great teacher this year who gives us an essay and a test every week. Doing way more work than last year!
    Would you be in the Institute, referring to Cashell? She's pretty damn amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dandoline

Hi everyone

Im repeating 3 subjects Irish, English and Maths....after 6 years finding irish hard at the mo as its hons and the teacher isnt that great she wont teach 3 of us Hons as the rest of the class is doing Ord so any advice would be great.. I try to go in everyday...Its hard!! hahaha.

Dandoline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lilxrose

I'm repeating English,it's the only one of my courses that has changed. I'm glad of it,though,I love English. I got an A1 in it last year,so I'm hoping for that again :)
    I have four studies on Wednesday,which is weird because I'm repeating every subject. It seems so silly putting all those classes together,maybe it's the way it had to be done though.

english doesnt seem to be that bad. although im sick off all the free's i have

lilxrose wrote: »
    english doesnt seem to be that bad. although im sick off all the free's i have

It's grand,isn't it? The amount of scaremongering I had to listen to before I went in to repeat about how hard it'd be...when most,if not all,of the other courses remain the same,one change isn't too catastrophic. It's all that keeps me sane some days.

I could do with some more studies,of the Monday morning at 9.05 variety :pac:

It's grand,isn't it? The amount of scaremongering I had to listen to before I went in to repeat about how hard it'd be...when most,if not all,of the other courses remain the same,one change isn't too catastrophic. It's all that keeps me sane some days.
    Yeah I don't get what all the fuss is about a new English course, I mean I've gotten Eavan Boland, King Lear and two of the comparative texts done already. That just leaves Patrick kavanagh and the third comparative text, and what with the cross over poets from last year that's paper two done!

Lawliet wrote: »
    Yeah I don't get what all the fuss is about a new English course, I mean I've gotten Eavan Boland, King Lear and two of the comparative texts done already. That just leaves Patrick kavanagh and the third comparative text, and what with the cross over poets from last year that's paper two done!
    You couldn't have gone through them in great detail though? It's only been two months:confused:

theowen wrote: »
    You couldn't have gone through them in great detail though? It's only been two months:confused:
    Pretty much the same level of detail I put into the course last year. More actually since last year I didn't even bother reading two of my comparative texts!
    My English teacher has been giving me extra classes to help with King Lear, I've been working on the poets on my own and then doing the comparatives along with the rest of the sixth year class. It sounds like a lot but it's actually pretty doable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭irishultra

back after 2 years, was only 16 doing the leaving cert and was facing the prospect of being finished my 3 year course at 20, now i won't be 23 so i'll be ancient.

its ok being back, dont really mind it but i really can't afford not to do relatively well. im not looking for anything massive, anything over 400 and I'd be happy with.

Bump. Three months gone! WOOO

Swizz wrote: »
    Bump. Three months gone! WOOO
    Woop, off for crimbo soonish:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I'm repeating in 2011, but I'm picking up biology and keeping English, so I'm starting on those courses now.. stress already! Joy.

Got 485 in 2009 but I really wanna do vet med, so I'm repeating HL Irish, English, Chemistry, German and History, doing OL maths and picking up HL biology. I'll most likely apply to a grind school for September, but for now I'm locking myself in my room with my books. Boo urns.

• Advertisement

I can't believe it's going so quickly! :(
    Never thought I'd say this,but I'll miss my repeat school way more than my old one when I finish.

I think it's still passing really slowly! Still can't decide whether to drop maths or irish. Is anyone finding it even more stressful than it was last year? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

im feeling a bit nervous just reading this thread and im in first year of college. all i can say is good luck, you have some nuts going at the leaving again.

Any tips on the best way to learn King Lear? So far I've just read chapter summaries and sample answers.

Any tips on the best way to learn King Lear? So far I've just read chapter summaries and sample answers.
    You doing it by yourself?

No Im in an english class and they have just started revising it. Want to really understand what is happening. Have done 1 question so far but feel the teacher marks too easy and I don't know how well im actually doing.

All you can do is learn quotes and read the summary of each scene. That's all I've done anyway but my english class are finished with King Lear and my english teacher told me to do it myself so I have no alternative but to skim through it and hope for the best!:D

I'm finished King Lear,but I have to do a stupid project on it. Group work is not my thing. I just know I'll end up doing it all,ugh.

Has anyone picked up a new subject this year? :)

Has anyone picked up a new subject this year? :)[/quote]

I picked up economics in Sept. I like it but there is a good bit of learning in it but easy enough to make up with common sense.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jaspersmiley

I often wondered how repeat students deal with the project work that is now required for many of the LC subjects. Must be tough, especially when u cant use the one from the year before.
    Good luck to all of u and I really hope u all get what ur aiming for. Takes guts to go back and redo it a second time, especially when all ur friends have gone on ahead into college or wherever. But if u really want something, repeating is the best thing to do.
    Wish Id repeated!

Advertisement