Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent place to live in Limerick

Options
  • 05-11-2009 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm starting a new job approximately 12km drive north of Limerick City and I'm looking for decent options for where to look for a place to live.

I've done a few searches on Daft both Annacotty and Castletroy seem like two ideally located areas to live for me. What are these areas like? Judging from the adverts, there seems to be a good deal of student focused accomadation around that area.

I'm looking for a really nice sharing place but if I can't manage that I'll get a single apartment or house. What would I expect to pay for a luxury double bedroomed apartment in Limerick City? There aren't that many advertised on Daft at the moment.

What other areas are good for sharing around Limerick?

Cheers,
    C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

2 bed luxury?you'd be looking from anything 750-950 in the city.

A mate of mine lives here,very nice apartments.

www.daft.ie/2631825

I live here,and also very nice if I do say myself

www.daft.ie/2728787

You would probably be better off living in Castletroy tho,whereabouts you working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭PYRO#1

I am looking for someone to share my apartment with me in city center
    Double bedroom and you get your own bathroom

PM if your interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Annacotty and Lisnagroy are nice areas, Castletroy is ok but alot of it is very student infested.
    I wouldnt advise going too far into the city centre if your working north as there are plenty of very nice areas as you go that direction out of limerick city. Limerick is a grand place to get around so no matter what suburb your living in your never really too far from anywhere else, including the city.
    On daft Annacotty seems to round off at about 800/850 for 3 to 4 bedroom places for letting. Thats where Id recommend anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Take a look around newtown annacotty. Not a student area, mostly families, nice, newly built apartments and houses, and shop/pub/chinese/pizzahut/bus stop etc etc all on your doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Try Raheen and Dooradoyle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Rollo Tamasi meet dedon

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Murroe would be a nice village to live in; six miles from Annacotty on a good road, rents are cheaper - you'll get a new semi-d there for about 600-650. But I wouldn't recommend it unless you like the country. Beautiful walks around there, plus three shops, petrol station, barbers, laundrette, two pubs including a nice new one, Crokers which is owned by Peter Clohessy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭GO'S

raheen or ennis road...strand apeartment aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

try Cratloe Suites at Two Mile Inn, it's 750 for two really big bedrooms and a kitchen/living room. on top of that you get free pool and gym at Patrick Punch Hotel. and it has very convenient location, just outside Limerick

www.daft.ie/2738360

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

boomerang wrote: »
    Murroe would be a nice village to live in; six miles from Annacotty on a good road, rents are cheaper - you'll get a new semi-d there for about 600-650. But I wouldn't recommend it unless you like the country. Beautiful walks around there, plus three shops, petrol station, barbers, laundrette, two pubs including a nice new one, Crokers which is owned by Peter Clohessy.

Wouldnt touch anything in Murroe, was well warned off it. A lot of scumbags moved out there because of the cheaper house prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

What about castleconnell? Really nice village, good pubs and restaurants. Some newish housing estates nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    try Cratloe Suites at Two Mile Inn, it's 750 for two really big bedrooms and a kitchen/living room. on top of that you get free pool and gym at Patrick Punch Hotel. and it has very convenient location, just outside Limerick

www.daft.ie/2738360
    Wrong side of town, the poster is working out the Dublin road.

Wouldnt touch anything in Murroe, was well warned off it. A lot of scumbags moved out there because of the cheaper house prices

There are a couple alright but it's not that bad at all. I live just outside the village and my sis lives in it. Unfortunately there are scumbags in nearly every village/suburb estate now.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Try Raheen and Dooradoyle

Yeah if the op is using the dublin rd to get to work then the raheen area would be a nice area to live and not student infested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cristinfr

looking for a room in limerick centre.
    write me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Well I've lived there for the last twelve years without any problem. There are scumbags in every village - Newport, Caherconlish... All the satellite villages around the city see some degree of anti-social behaviour. ;)

Edited to add: Before anyone jumps down my throat - I have lived in Newport *and* Caherconlish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 chapelizod1

Try this new website www.getdigs.ie, Limerick startup
    Hi guys,
    I'm starting a new job approximately 12km drive north of Limerick City and I'm looking for decent options for where to look for a place to live.

I've done a few searches on Daft both Annacotty and Castletroy seem like two ideally located areas to live for me. What are these areas like? Judging from the adverts, there seems to be a good deal of student focused accomadation around that area.

I'm looking for a really nice sharing place but if I can't manage that I'll get a single apartment or house. What would I expect to pay for a luxury double bedroomed apartment in Limerick City? There aren't that many advertised on Daft at the moment.

What other areas are good for sharing around Limerick?

Cheers,
    C

Advertisement