Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CURRENCY CONVERSION FEE

Options
  • 05-11-2009 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

Was just checking my online statement and seen the above listed four times on my visa bill. I made four purchases last week in the UK using the card but have never seen these charges on my bill before. Contacted the bank who informed me its the new law and that before the currency conversion fee was included in the one transaction listing but now they have to list them seperately to the actual transaction. Was he feeding me a pile of c**p or is it the truth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 VB1962

Payments Services Directive from the EU - adopted into law in Ireland 2/11/09 (I think) and amongst other things entitles consumers to greater clarity around fees and charges for money transmission around Europe.

Open to correction but previously hidden in the exchange rate I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Thanks for the reply, so its all above board or so it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just as an example, what did it cost you?

I made a purchase on Monday for £20 it cost me €23.10.

This includes the fee you paid and the exchange rate. AIB VISA ( the older one not Be)

Advertisement