Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google apps / gmail / individual email address

Options
  • 05-11-2009 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so I can setup Gmail so that I use it with my hello@mydomain.com email address. This involves pointing mailservers to gmail etc.

At this point though I can't setup any email accuonts on my own hosting. Is it possble to just use gmail with hello@mydomain.com and use a number of other @mydomain.com addresses elsewhere?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Nope. The only way you could get this to work is if you were to create a subdomain, or an address in the form of 'hello@hostname.domainname.tld' (this should enable mail to bypass your MX records, and get delivered to the IP associated with the individual host's A record).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Didn't think of the sub domain option! Thanks for that.

Ideally though i'd have liked it the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭alsiet2011

you could also use dual delivery which will send a copy of the message to your google apps users as well as users on the hosted platform

Advertisement