Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Laurence's Primary School - Enrolment for 2010

Options
  • 05-11-2009 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi there,

My little boy is due to start school next September. One school I visited was st laurences and was most impressed with what I saw. I just wanted to know if many kids from Charlesland attend/are due to attend the school as it would be great if he had some little pals living near by. Any feedback on the school also would be most appreciated as its a big decision to make! The other two schools were also good which is making my decision for 1st choice even more difficult, as there location is nearer.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭sagat

It was a grand little school when I was there, granted that was 30 odd years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

Hi, Yes making a decision about schools is a big deal. I know the principal in St. Laurences, Catherine Coveney, well. I also do substitute teaching there as well so I'm going to be bias and say Laurences is the best. The teachers are fantastic, never met such a dedicated bunch of people. A few of them are even there since I went to school there 20 years ago!

I know St. Kevin's is a very popular choice also, meant to be a brilliant school as well. We're spoilt for choice regarding primary schools in Greystones if you ask me. I think a lot of people in the Charlesland area are sending their children to Laurences, apparently, because of the 'catchment area', but to be honest I don't know much about that I'm afraid. I just heard it through the grapevine!

Good Luck and I hope it turns out well, whatever choice you make, for your son. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cuddydale

thanks a million wicklowgal for your post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 clongrey

Hi, Have 2 kids going to Laurences and live in Charlesland. It is a fantastic school. Our kids are really happy - lots of after school activities and just as importantly a great social life for parents- there is a very active PA who organise lots of "do's" both to fundraise but also to help parents meet each other.

There are lots of kids in charlesland attending the school but to be fair there seem to be equal amounts going to all the other schools too. I agree with earlier post that there doesnt seem to be a bad school in the area. But for what it's worth I would highly recommend Laurences.

Advertisement